[WIP] T-Pod cant see ships on DCS 2.5.6

Rudel_chw

On the DCS OB version released today, the sea is rendered with so much detail that it makes almost impossible to see a ship unless you use maximum zoom. This is irrespective if you use CCD or IR mode.

I'm attaching a test mission with the JF-17 at 9000 feet and a ship at 5 nm slightly to the left .. place the sim in active pause and see if you can catch the ship on the T-Pod display.

Also, at that distance the ship could be seen using plain sight on previous DCS, but now it can not be seen.

Best regards.

PS: Maybe related to this issue? https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=263395

JF17 - Targeting Pod vs Ship (by Rudel_chw).miz

Edited by uboats

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The WMD7 does not have auto gain auto level ATM, U should adjust the level for 0 or -1 at closer range.

And the IR / CCD rendering do have some problem at 2.5.6, I'm not sure if this is a DCS common problem. Suggesting U using the BHOT and CCD channel, which should give U a better view than WHOT AFTER U adjust the level settings.

Edited by foxwxl

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

Hi,

I was testing a bit more and found that the problem is actually related to only some DCS units, so it isn't really a bug within DEKA's Pod.

The Ship I was using is the Ivanov cargo ship .. I replaced it with a Elnya tanker and found that this ship is detected at a reasonable range, and can also be seen by naked eye at 6 nm:

1tWJlwu.jpg

Other units with a similar problem were the T-90 tanks (I replaced them with T-72, that had no problem), and the FDDM Grad armored vehicle (replaced with BMP-3).

So, please close this Bug report as this is a DCS Bug and not Deka's :)

Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB