COCKPIT HIGHLIGHT INDICATION doesn’t work well on the HUD

Rudel_chw

Hi,

I’m editing a training mission about the use of the JF-17’s radar, but I’m having a bit of a trouble with the trigger action COCKPIT HIGHLIGHT INDICATION. It works perfect on the indicators of the UFCP or on any MFCD, for example:

AkpX6sy.jpg

However, for indicators on the HUD, the highlight gets located far from its true location, like this:

OQEzxTi.jpg

It should go over the INTC RWS, but instead it gets located too low and to the left:

hIoYXsN.jpg

The trigger action I’m using is this one:

vKY8lJh.jpg

Hopefully it can be fixed, as it is the only way to direct the user’s attention towards specific elements of the HUD. Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 weeks later...

I was hoping that the 2.5.6 update would fix this problem, but no .. the HUD highlights still show up miss placed :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Devs didn't even respond yet or mark this thread as WIP

Yes, hopefully they will take notice, as this feature is important in order to create more engaging training missions. :)

you can use coord to place the highlight indicator

don't know what does element mean

per my experience, i used connector or coord only

there's connector on HUD at center

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Hi,

That approach requires an enormous amount of trial-error, as I don't know the cordinates of the JF-17 cockpit.

don't know what does element mean

For the meaning of element, this is a quote from the document I'm attaching to this post:

COCKPIT HIGHLIGHT INDICATION (required console) – enables a cockpit highlight of the specified digital indication element (such as HUD display elements).

• ID – sets the ID of the highlight. The ID can be referenced by other triggers to evaluate the status of or remove the highlight.

• Indicator ID – sets the ID value of the cockpit indicator containing the desired indication. Indicator ID’s are described in Scripts\Aircrafts\Aircraft Name\Cockpit\device_init.lua. To quickly locate the indicator ID’s in the lua file, perform a search function for “indicators”. Indicator ID’s begin with ‘0’ at the top of the table and are increased by 1 with each subsequent indicator in the table. For example, the HUD ID for A-10C is ‘5’.

• Elem name (element name) – sets the name of the display element to highlight. To obtain an element name, run a mission with the desired element string displayed in the cockpit, open the game console and execute the “console.out(list_indication(n))” command (where ‘n’ is the desired indicator’s ID). The game console can be accessed by pressing the “`” command in-game. The console.out(list_indication(n)) console command will list all current element strings of the set indicator.

• Size of box – sets the span of the highlight in meters.

The thing is, this works with the UFCP, the three MFCDs, and the Radio Display. Only with the HUD do the highlight show up on a wrong location.

Thanks anyway, I will look for alternative approaches to this subject.

Best regards,

Eduardo

PD: The Forum doesnt allow me to attach the document here, as it is already attached on another post, you can download it from there.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4130960&postcount=2

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Just wanted to report that the problem seems to have dissapeared ... I hadn't tried to do this on the last couple of months, perhaps one of the recent updates fixed it, but today I found that I was able to properly highlight a HUD element, on this case the Gun reticle :thumbup:

7y93QBi.jpg

The trigger sentence used for it is this:

Vk5f5Kn.jpg

Anyway, just wanted to report that this problem is no more :)

Best regards,

Eduardo