[WIP] Antenna elevation issues and TDC shown altitude coverage

Fortinero

Still seeing the "must look higher than the target" problem.

Aircraft is straight and level (as far as flight path goes).

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Last time I played with PL5 on dogfight server, the rose pattern position was always around lock and never significantly lower and out of hud. So that seems to have been fixed?

???

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

You know when uncaged PL-5(doing rose search pattern) is slaved to radar target?

It wouldn't slave at least not visually. It would go down out of hud pretty much and wiggle around down there until I gave up and went back to boresight. Now it seems to go bang center on target everytime. Sorry for lack of evidence. My laptop can't handle luxuries like recording video and running dcs at the same time.

[WIP] Hard to find contacts on the radar?

I know this was brought up before. But is this beeing looked at?

I still find it hard to see contacts that is right infront of me sometimes. It can be between 20 to 60 Nm and the scan height is spot on. But still the radar dont see the contact. Then just suddenly they appear. Im just not sure if this is a bugg? I just know its not like this on the F18 and the other planes..

Edited by uboats

There are some problems with the radar EL calculation(already reported), so if U can bring your plane to close 0° pitch, U will get a good scan result. If U pitch up and down, then the radar isn't actually scaning the area that is indicated on the FCR.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

• 1 month later...