-game Control Stick doesn't center

Canuck Lad

Hi. I currently use a keyboard to play. If I like the simulator I'll invest in a flight stick. Not always, but sometimes I find the control stick (in game, as viewed in cockpit) will stay all the way to the right, causing the plane to constantly bank right. I can use the left arrow key on my keyboard to center it, or bank left, but when I release all keys the control stick will go back to the far right position. I've tested, my right key on my keyboard is not stuck down. I experience this in the Su-25T. I've not tried the other plane. My system's hardware grossly surpasses the suggested hardware, so it's not a processing power issue. Any thoughts on what can cause this?

Note: I do not have a gamepad, flight stick, controller, racing wheel, or any other type of input device.

Edited by Canuck Lad

It might be the case where the stick was trimmed all the way to the right. That would cause such behavior. Check trim key bindings and look for any cross bindings for stick axis in controls setup. While in game you can use controls overlay - Rctrl + Enter - it'll show both controls and trim positions. Remove any FFB options if checked.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

It might be the case where the stick was trimmed all the way to the right. That would cause such behavior. Check trim key bindings and look for any cross bindings for stick axis in controls setup. While in game you can use controls overlay - Rctrl + Enter - it'll show both controls and trim positions. Remove any FFB options if checked.

The trim affects the control stick position?

I've seen this happen to another new user, who was also using a keyboard to fly the Su-25T in a server.

Turned out his autopilot was engaged on the ground. If that's the case try pressing the "A" key when this happens.

I used the mode that started the flight already in-air.

Have you tested another keyboard or tryed to add another keys instead of the Arrows?

I own a single keyboard, so no.

As for the arrow keys, I open Notepad, enter characters, go to column 1, and observe that the cursor doesn't move. If the right arrow key were stuck, the cursor position would move.

I THINK the issue seems to be the aileron trim (Right Control , and right control /). Once set I seem unable to set the inverse, and from that point on I need to manually control left/right roll.

... nope, that wasn't it. I can cause the issue with right and down arrow simultaneously (default key bindings). I can pull out, fly level, but if I release the keys it just rolls hard to the right when I do.

Edited by Canuck Lad

Buy a hotas from amazon, so you can have something close to flying and appreciate it more. Return it if you end up not liking the game.

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27