[REPORTED]RADAR detects late activation units (again, ED)

Pikey

So I checked for a regression as I reported the last late activation with air radars and I'm not convinced this is ED's issue at all because of the radar being third party external and i tested air radar...

BUT

this needs fixed pronto, it's messing up the ability to do random spawns on a trigger, or literally any type of randomisation above the % active in the ME which appears to work fine.

As title says; if you place late activation units int he mission, the radar detects them, even though they are not present.

Really annoyed at myself only finding this on Friday :/

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE
  • Like 1

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Update to this as it's not just Late activation, there a second component bizarrely.

if you set a units condition of appearance to 100%, THEN click late activation, the condition % greys out, as expected. However!!! If you set the condition to 50% and THEN set late activation, the % test is honoured first, so, if you set 10 groups with 50% possibility, then set them all to late activation, in game 50% appear on radar and 50% don't. which is kindda wierd as I would expect late activation to override % condition, which to me seems like the % condition is honoured AFTER late activation, in the line of code, making the cause be the order of which they are processed in code.

Hope that helps the dev who got the ticket.

• ED Team

Thanks Pikey, I will take a look and add the info as necessary

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Cool, thanks Daniel was gonna add that it affected SP only so the valid workaround is to run as a connected client and you don't see them pop up/ I'm sure not everyone can do that, but some might. Thanks to Delta99 for that find.