DCS World 2.5.x Caucasus Terrain Textures

It is the best version yet, no doubt about that.

I concur, this is great. thank you Mustang! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Ф

Can we have a link?? :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Thanks mods :)

RC: I don't want to appear to not like your work, but it needed to be in a thread of it's own I hope you understand :thumbup:

the decision to post your photos here was rash, sorry:doh:

• 3 weeks later...

I will share my OvGME package that I use to install and uninstall this mod. The mod brakes Integrity check and by that denies you access a lot of servers. By using OvGME or some other mod install/uninstall app you can remove the mod in a couple of seconds and play on the server that also checks for pristine terrain in IC.

Download 1.30 version of the OvGME package here and place directly in OvGME mod folder.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rD-iQiinc7ujOHXYJ1fCZbJCFq7suINz

The new 2.5.5 update downloads lots of terrain/texture files. Any idea yet if your mod will still work well with it, not affecting the performance gains? I know it’s early right now and untested, so just whenever it is figured out, let us know. Thanks!

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

The new 2.5.5 update downloads lots of terrain/texture files. Any idea yet if your mod will still work well with it, not affecting the performance gains? I know it’s early right now and untested, so just whenever it is figured out, let us know. Thanks!

I have had a quick glance and so far haven't noticed any issues, however if any do crop up I'll be sure to correct and update package.

Mustang, Would it be possible for you share this with folders and not .zip files, so that people would need to download terrain .zips in every update? DCS reads first the default terrain .zips then folders in the directory (if any). That would also mean after updates your terrain files would remain effective and would not require any user action. I don't mind this way tho, I've already unzipped the folders in the location, but most people, I think just overwrite the original .zips.

Edit: His name is spelled right now :D

Edited by Hydrox

Mustand, Would it be possible for you share this with folders and not .zip files, so that people would need to download terrain .zips in every update? DCS reads first the default terrain .zips then folders in the directory (if any). That would also mean after updates your terrain files would remain effective and would not require any user action. I don't mind this way tho, I've already unzipped the folders in the location, but most people, I think just overwrite the original .zips.

This used to work and infact I used to package it this way, but since a few versions ago ED changed something and the zip system has to be used now.

Hmm.. I'm using it as folders and works fine, although there are much to change in terrain.cfg.lua; need to change the .min - take a look at the file, there's also some other changes after the last update. I recommend for people not to just overwrite terrain.cfg.lua after the last patch. I'm sure you get it sorted tho. Best to use notepad++ and download addon compare so you can see exactly what's been changed.

Edited by Hydrox

Hmm.. I'm using it as folders and works fine, although there are much to change in terrain.cfg.lua; need to change the .min - take a look at the file, there's also some other changes after the last update. I recommend for people not to just overwrite terrain.cfg.lua after the last patch. I'm sure you get it sorted tho. Best to use notepad++ and download addon compare so you can see exactly what's been changed.

Updated terrain.cfg.lua this morning and is now integrated into package - I'll take a look at going back to the folder system again if it indeed works, I'll test later.

Updated terrain.cfg.lua this morning and is now integrated into package - I'll take a look at going back to the folder system again if it indeed works, I'll test later.

Well I don't know why "if" is included, I just told you it works.

Just downloaded 1.30, the terain.cfg.lua in the rar is from 06-06-2019 and your post is from 06-07-2019, so I guess it's not the same as the one you mention here being updated for 2.5.5?

Will it be available ones you tested the folder system?

edit:

date format in this post mm-dd-yyyy (due to how it is represented in this forum)

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Hello All,

Is this working with 2.5.5.32299?

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb