Unexpected Skin Result WTF!!!

Dogman

Hi Guys

After years of avoiding it I finally decided to try and develop my skills as a "Skinner" and after churning through a number of tutorials on the subject including Cap's and Laobi's I had a crack.

I downloaded the Hornet texture off the DCS had a play around in Gimp to get the hang of it and was able to get a slippery grip on all the basic editing processes. I edited the base skin filling the background with a different colour, adding logos, text and shapes. I then converted all the files to DDS using DXTBmp set up the folder and could hardly wait to view my first creation in the air.

What greeted me was certainly not what I was expecting and you can view the result of my hours of trial and error on the link provided. I intend to keep learning and to work out how to perfect the black art of livery making but I was hoping that there may be some Skin Sage out there who might be kind enough to look at the abomination and maybe cast a few pearls of wisdom my way to help get me there faster.

Specifically I would like to know:

>>Why the filled colour is displaying in different coloured tiles?

>>Where is the random text coming from on the wings?

>>Why has the pilot texture stuffed up because I never touched the bugger?

If I can get some help with these queries I would of course be very much appreciative.

Cheers Guys..

Win 11, 64bit | Corsair 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz Vengeance | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700KF CPU @ 3.80GHz   3.79 GHz (Not Overclocked) | TM Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Track IR5

There' no link..

Double check the description.lua file in the folder of the livery.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Win 11, 64bit | Corsair 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz Vengeance | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700KF CPU @ 3.80GHz   3.79 GHz (Not Overclocked) | TM Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Track IR5

Thanks Joey will lua file as suggested.. thanks

Thanks Megalax.. so much to learn..