backup CD

garyhook

No. Changes are made so often that any 'backup' would be obsolete before you needed to use it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Is there a backup hard cd provide with this sim? Would like to know before I purchase it.

At least in Germany there were DVD copies for A-10C, P-51D, UH-1D and FC3 avilable, as far as I know.

Yet it needs to update the sim immediately after install, as on publishing date it has already progressed a few versions.

If you worry about offlien play, and "backup" to spare complete downloads. You could install from the installer files once downloaded and update from there, additional modules are handled as folders, but require activation once, after purchase.

With activation done, you can play offline, if you want to.

Updates or new purchases of modules require an internet conncection. in case of updates these come frequently on a weekly to two eekly basis at the moment, so a complete offline PC might not be the best of ideas.

If the PC /Laptop isn't online for a week or two, it's not a problem though.

You can still play, just the updates may take a bit longer.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)