DCS Won't Run In VR Mode After Oculus Update

Chopper A-10

Last year i made an additional desktop icon for VR with "P:\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe" --force_enable_VR.

When starting with the standard icon i can play with only my monitor as usual.

If starting with the created VR-icon the Oculus HMD stays black but you can still see the little VR-resolution-screen on the monitor so DCS World is running but not displayed in the Oculus.

But when starting Oculus Home and then DCS directly out of Oculus Home or with the additional created VR-icon, everything is shown again inside the Oculus HMD. But i don´t want to run Oculus software in the background because of resources...

Yep with the public release of Rift Core 2.0 Oculus Home is now fully integrated, ie required to be running to get a display in the Rift.

I ran it for many months on the Public Test Channel, and compared it both ways - I really did not see any performance degradation having Home running versus not.

Dash and the 3d Environments in Home fade to gray on the launch of a game.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 5 weeks later...

Guys

I just ran through this thread and didn’t really understand how to still use oculus.

I just got the oculus and it comes up that it crashes before going to the main screen...

Sorry for not understanding, just wondering if there is a work around.

Thank you