DCS Animals Mod V 1.5

Hawkeye60

Can I use this mod in DCS 2.5? I placed the animals folder in my tech folder but cant seem to find it in Mission Editor menu. Please help?

MB - Dave

When Lilkiki created his original mod, he used the infantry code as a basis in the lua.

I think this was done to allow the models to be animated at some future point.

Sadly, he passed before the work was completed.

What he did do, If memory serves, is leave the weapon code in place.

This means three things,

1) The animals can be found under Infantry.

2) The weapon code can prevent the mod from showing because of changes to the base DCS code.

This is already a issue with some ships mods we made.

And most important,

3) The cows may shoot back! LMAO

YMMV.........

So, Look again, and if you find them, let me know if they are good shots!

Best wishes, and luck with the cows.........

Greg

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I would like to have a donkey please!
After a search, no donkey models were found......unless you like Eddie Murphy......:D

How about some of these, and yeah, probably want to be armed with some heavy metal before walking into this zoo (Combined Arms?). gun_smilie.gif

Tyrannosaurus

Achillobator

Quetzalcoatlus

Triceratops

Ankylosaurus

These had to be confined to stop the civilians from becoming dinner! :megalol:

You may find some here.......

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=214107&highlight=skull+island

Could i request some wolves and foxes

Another search came up empty.

Sorry.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I would be interested by the Skull island but the zip seems to be corrupted. I've tried 2 times to download and each time, the zip is corrupted.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

I would be interested by the Skull island but the zip seems to be corrupted. I've tried 2 times to download and each time, the zip is corrupted.
I checked this and you are correct....

The Dino's chewed the folder to bits........

Must be hungry..............................................:D

My back up files are not available till pc comes home from the shop.

The working version on my current pc has strange textures on the dino's....

Wrong file I think.

Send me a pm if you want to try it.

HI Hawkeye60

I can wait that your good PC returns home to have the good jurassic pets.

As I see that you follow this topic, I've reported some issues to your intention on other topics about your mods which I'm pleased to use:

The ocean life crashes DCS if used in a mission. The mission starts and all is freezed. Ctrl alt suppr is the only way to get out. I use VR if that helps, perhaps it's an issue just with VR.

Texture is missing on Cow B in the animal mod

As you've done the middle east asset pack, I suggested you to make, if you want and if you have time, some typical towers that we can see on the google pictures if we search "Batumi" and some monuments if we search "Tbillissi".

Thanks for enhancing DCS with your mods !

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1