RED FLAG - AV-8B Harrier Mission by Sedlo - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-20-2018, 11:01 PM   #11
Sedlo

VERSION 1.04 IS UP!

*Fixed some text related typos.
*Changed/added/subtracted some <redacted> to add to the challenge.
*Enabled Labels for those who would like to use them (default toggle LShift F2). (but try not to use 'em :-)

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3215738/
Sedlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 05:36 PM   #12
Sedlo

Just curious how many folks who have flown this mission elected not to refuel air to air? Did you find that you had enough gas to make it back?
Old 01-01-2019, 07:14 PM   #13
Sedlo

Default RED FLAG - AV-8B EDITION UPDATED JANUARY 1, 2018!

Hello folks!

I've made a MAJOR update to the Red Flag AV-8B Harrier Red Flag Misison. Version 1.21 has updated the mission from the bottom up, to include new threats, new triggers, new realistic radio communications, plus new additional audio and outstanding custom kneeboads. The scenarios are real, the immersion is intense!

Download here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3215738/

Old 01-02-2019, 09:36 PM   #14
itarrow

Thanks Sedlo ! Will download as soon as I am back home for sure... yours is truly quality work, and btw any content for the AV8B is greatly appreciated...
itarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 01:09 PM   #15
Tundra

Downloading, so far only tried the CF-18 version.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:44 AM   #16
Tundra

Well, I just flew the mission. Missed the push time for some seconds. Good fun around the AO with the winds, CAPs and SAMs. Plenty of action.
This time, I bombed the right target. Hearing the Extra Coors call over the net made me yell.
Back to Nellis, overhead and crashed lol
I haven´t flown the Harrier in a good while, so...

Great fun, great mission.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:47 AM   #17
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedlo View Post
Just curious how many folks who have flown this mission elected not to refuel air to air? Did you find that you had enough gas to make it back?
Today I did not refuel and came back with enough gas (+3000) I guess. I flew around 320-360 inbound for Marshall point, and bombing run about 430.
Coming home at 350.

Last night flying the Hornet version, I think you changed the initial load of fuel than in previous versions, I got back to Nellis with about 1200-600 pounds left.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:57 PM   #18
Sedlo

Awesome. I did reduce the fuel load on the wingman, as a full tank was preventing them from tanking.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:05 AM   #19
burritto

I played through the mission last night and really enjoyed it - thank you so much for spending the time to create it and for sharing it. It really did remind me of real life Red Flag missions all those years ago (back in the '90s for me). I didn't bother with the tanker but took a leisurely cruise up to the hold and it worked out well - the hold and the build up of anticipation waiting for the push especially reminded me of the real life deal, with other formations floating around near 'student gap', and all the chatter with the leading formations.
burritto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:31 PM   #20
Sedlo

Really glad you enjoyed it, burritto! That's exactly what I was aiming for in putting this one together and I'm really happy that you found it immersive.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burritto View Post
I played through the mission last night and really enjoyed it - thank you so much for spending the time to create it and for sharing it. It really did remind me of real life Red Flag missions all those years ago (back in the '90s for me). I didn't bother with the tanker but took a leisurely cruise up to the hold and it worked out well - the hold and the build up of anticipation waiting for the push especially reminded me of the real life deal, with other formations floating around near 'student gap', and all the chatter with the leading formations.

Tags
av-8b, nevada, nttr, razbam, single player