Short pauses while playing iN SteamVR and WMR. solved.

Thick8

I was getting short 2-5 second pauses where the view would drop to the Steam holodeck fairly regularly, also load up times of multi-player games was taking minutes. After doing some investigation I found that all of my system and video memory was being used.

Yesterday I dropped another 16Gb of memory in (for a total of 32Gb). The pauses were all but gone. I had one when I first fired up a single player mission and looked around real fast. The multiplayer servers that I play on loaded up in less than a minute and there were no pauses at all.

I fixed the size of my swap file at 1024Mb as well then checked ram usage with DCS, Teamspeak, SteamVR, DCS-SRS, and WindowsVR running. 22Gb was being used. That’s a lot of memory. Shame memory is so stupid expensive right now.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground