Ka50 HMS Left eye in VR?

Gizzy

I noticed they put new "axis assign" commands in 2.5 for the head tracker. Is this what you're reffering to?

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

No, in VR the HMS is only projected on the right screen mimicking RL with the sight covering the right eye... problem occurs if you do not have balanced vision and your left eye is very dominant.... your brain sees the sight in a different place where it is supposed to be. The new 'force IPD' helps if set correctly however the HMS on the left screen would be best if indeed possible.

SIGBLOCK.png

Is anyone also annoyed by the fact that the HMS is too high and not actually over the eye?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

same here, luckily the default is on my "good" eye

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Is anyone also annoyed by the fact that the HMS is too high and not actually over the eye?

There is a new setting in the special section 2.5 to adjust that angle to suit ... 'helmet ring displacement' BUT with a strong dominant eye it is best to keep it out of the way until you have to use it...

Maybe someone might have an idea to change the screen output, here's hoping.. :)

SIGBLOCK.png

• 2 weeks later...

being as realistic as possible is great, but what about those of us with 1 eye who fly in VR, at least give us the choice of choosing which side the sight is on.

I only have a left eye so can't use the sight in VR. and before anyone asks , no I don't get the 3d effects but the immersion in VR is great.

I also have a left dominant eye, and I noticed that with both eyes open, if I look at a target and put the hms on it, the shkval will always end up to the left of the target. The closer to the target I am the worse is the offset.

If the hms was on the left eye would it solve this for me ?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

I wonder if it can be swapped IRL without the use of duct tape. In any case, no ideas for solutions other than closing your left eye when aiming. You can adjust the position up and down in game now and it used to be done via config file out of game (probably still works) but this is strictly a vertical adjustment.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

Hi aiyaner,

I'm slightly confused...

Originally Posted by Boris

lobo** said ... 'You can adjust this up or down. .'

you asked 'how'

Maybe I am missing something or being being stupid or whatever, and I apologise if that is the case....

If you look at the large picture I posted and the big yellow box I drew around a slider control in the special ka50 section of the main DCS controls, well adjust that slider and the HMS will move up or down from its default position which is related to whatever head tracking your use...

I hope this helps...

SIGBLOCK.png