First Flight In The Kurfurst

Brigg

Since that stupid game of grown men chasing a leather balloon around a pitch was on TV, I decided to jump in the cockpit of the K4 and get her off the ground. The takeoff was a bit shakey but I managed to get off the ground in one piece, but the landing ended upside down as I came in a little hot but nothing I wont be able to sort out. Anyway this baby flies like a dream and I cant wait to get her into combat chasing down Ponies. Well done ED :pilotfly:

...and Adolf Galland said "she fits like a glove". I love the handling, and prefer her over the FW-190 D.

As a side-note: The 109's handling totally improved for me after adding a 20 cm extension to my VKB Black Mamba, too.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

not tried the D9 yet but will do soon and even if its half as good as this it will be good.

been thinking about getting an extension for my warthog for awhile rrohde, does it really make that much difference?

OP - welcome to the club! she's an awesome bird!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

not tried the D9 yet but will do soon and even if its half as good as this it will be good.

been thinking about getting an extension for my warthog for awhile rrohde, does it really make that much difference?

The 190 is...different.

VS the mustang I feel near absolute parity. Very similar in the way they fly and fight i.e. keep her fast as possible.

I have the 10cm extension on the warthog and yes, absolutely worth every penny

Totally, after using a Warthog extension for a time you'll realize flying without it has no point at all. Everything is enhanced flown with a long stick, of course give a try those choppers, but in warbirds is definitely a must and a huge difference. You can easily DIY and it's unharmful for the Warthog.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Absolutely makes sense! I fly a 15cm extension and it´s a game-changer!

Warthogs precision is high enough to handle that and it really makes a difference.

My favourite

I started with the Warthog (clocked a lot of flight hours with that combat platform), and over time I bought 10 modules. Currently the Kurfürst is my undisputed favourite. I love to engage the wild horses, especially in the furball mission. Occasionally I mess with the MIG-21bis and am mostly successful; just have to make sure the Russky doesn't get into a position to fire missiles at me. It's all against AI of course.

My Warthog joystick however is a pain in the ... and I'm wondering if I should wait for the upcoming (???) KG12 grip from VKB or get myself an extension.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I can only speak for my own VKB Mamba w/ Extension experience, since I never used my TM Warthog stick, but I think that the overall handling improved greatly for me simply because of the smaller inputs you can do, thanks to the larger throw. It feels much more natural that way, and I feel I have a far more relaxed (and precise) flying experience. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I am using a 150 mm extension on my WT stick.

It does help, especially the spring force gets reduced, so it is easier to hold the stick forward for longer periods, if needed, and it is easier to make small inputs. It also alleviates sticktion, if you have that issue.

Did take me a little while to get used to though. :)

But recommend it. And also for helicopters it is a great bonus, if you fly those.

Edited by Sporg

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use