How to Make the 30mm fire Tracer Shells?

Seen a post were people said that you can change the belt by edditing the .lua files.

How?:helpsmilie:

PC Specs: RTX 2070 (8GB) + I5-9600K + 32GB RAM.

Stuff for the sim: Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS + TFRP Rudder pedals, Track IR5.

Modules: FC3, A10C, F/A-18C, F16C, F14A/B, MiG-21Bis, AJS-37, F5E, F86F-35, M2000C, Ka-50, P51D, Bf-109K4, Fw-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk IX, L39, CA.

Maps: Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy 1944 + WWII Assets Pack.

Campaigns: A10C:The Enemy Within.

I don't know, but I'd guess the answer will be found in this mod files:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135841

Thank you!

Modules: FC3, A10C, F/A-18C, F16C, F14A/B, MiG-21Bis, AJS-37, F5E, F86F-35, M2000C, Ka-50, P51D, Bf-109K4, Fw-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk IX, L39, CA.

Thanks, NeilWillis, I had a look but find it a bit complex for my limited computer-knowledge (I'm in my late 60's, and try to avoid getting in "over my head", if possible). I do normally manage when it's a matter of placing files manually.

Thanks, NeilWillis, I had a look but find it a bit complex for my limited computer-knowledge (I'm in my late 60's, and try to avoid getting in "over my head", if possible). I do normally manage when it's a matter of placing files manually.

The tracer effects worked here, but the K4's Mw-50 injection stoped working.

I repaired the game to get it back working.

Being in '60s in no excuse. The fact that You're here with us proves You're still in perfect mental-shape for some compu-tech. Don't give up! JSGME is not that complex, and it saves a TON of time and trouble on later repairs/reinstalls if anything goes wrong (because with JSGME, You can just turn mods on/off at will, with one click, it does all the backing-up/copying for You).

Go to main DCS folder, then create a subfolder called "_mods" (the "_" part is important), then inside this one create a folder with any name You like (e.g. "My favourite 109 tracer mod") and inside that one create a tree of correctly named subfolders as If You were copying files directly to the game itself. Then You place the relevant files there (in this case You would end up with: DCSWorld\_mods\Myfavourite 109 tracer mod\CoreMods\WWII Units\Bf-109K-4.lua).

Fire up JSGME, click on arrows to move the mod from left screen to right (thus enabling it), close JSGME, You're done. Or click arrows to move the mod back to the left screen to disable it.

Comes in handy when every game patch/update comes, as You just disable all mods before updating with one click, and then enable them after updating with another one click. Quite easier than manually placing all the stuff there back again!

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

If You're stuck on any issue, ask and we'll see what we can do about it. Note, that this JSGME thingy just works on backing-up-and-replacing-files principle, so It can (and is) successfully used in the same way by folks in many other PC games as well. So who knows, You might end up using it not only for DCS in the future.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Throw this file into [..DCS..]\CoreMods\WWII Units and every second shell will be a tracer. It is fully compatible with the newest build.

Bf-109K-4.lua

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming