Red instrument backlight appears pale/pink (DCS 2.2 VR + Deferred Shading)

henhag

(DCS 2.2 as released on 12-8-2017)

When flying in bright daylight conditions, the red instrument backlight appears pale and almost pink, as you can see from the attached screenshot.

I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug, or part of DCS 2.2s improved lighting. At nighttime the red is only as intense as it used to be during the day in 2.1 and older versions.

Some panel lights are a little dim, but this has already been reported in another thread.

The roof lamp seems to be affected by this issue as well, at nighttime the light is barely reaching the instrument panel :( (tried both red filter on/off, and all positions of the brightness knob)

best regards,

Hendrik

20171210212201_1.thumb.jpg.46b32d31386d83e728d0b403c109966f.jpg

Edited by henhag

• 2 months later...

With DCS 2.5OpenBeta released and after checking this issue in several different lighting conditions, I have developed a stronger tendency to see this as a bug :(

This is not a major problem though, and it is not making the module less enjoyable in any way..

...but I think it looked much better before :noexpression:

Some older screenshots (Oct. 2017) I found on my hard drive... the difference is literally night and day

Edit: Please note that the UV lights are used on the older screenshots, so the red instruments light and blueish UV blend into white.

When you use only the UV lights, the pitch ladder on the artificial horizon is light blue. Use only the red instruments backlight and the pitch ladder will look yellow.

Use both lights at the same time and you will see a white pitch ladder on red background (as seen on the screenshots)

20171006233607_1.thumb.jpg.5609a38bb80c383d6cc6ae29d8e9b76e.jpg

20171006235001_2.thumb.jpg.17437c1fbb9fdbf9d668bade7799d105.jpg

Edited by henhag

• 2 weeks later...

To sum up after a night flight online :

Roof light don't provide any light at all

A lot of light signal aren't visible : altitude low signal | too high RPM signal | engine rampstart light | missile slot ready light etc ...

To conclud, unflyable at night ... !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Gents,

Known issue, due to new behavior in 3dsmax and game, cockpit omni lights are completely broken since 2.5.0, We'll have to redo all of them. This may take some time.

Thanks for your patience.

Edited by Pat01

• 2 months later...