Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

I named the AI huey as transport1. I had two ground units: extract1 and extract2. However upon starting the mission I would always get the message after 5 seconds that the AI helo has loaded troops (even if the helicopter was airborne). I've tried placing the AI in a pickup zone at startup with and without troops near it, I placed a dropzone on the carrier and setup waypoints for the AI. I can't make the AI landed on the carrier. I also can't load troops on the AI helo.

Another problem (which is most probably belsimtek's concern) was that unloading while resting on the deck of the carrier caused the troops to sink into the water and they were running (yes that's right, running) in the black sea instead of swimming. Also the helo seems to be skidding slightly while on the deck of the ship.

Regarding the movement, this happens when the ship is moving.

Another problem (which is most probably belsimtek's concern) was that unloading while resting on the deck of the carrier caused the troops to sink into the water and they were running (yes that's right, running) in the black sea instead of swimming. Also the helo seems to be skidding slightly while on the deck of the ship.

Thats more of a general sim issue. Ground AI forces, even amphibious capable units, simply don't have customized behavior for dealing with a body of water. The mission editor and AI in game have checks in place so ground AI can't be placed on the sea and AI in game will attempt to drive around bodies of water. If players using CA drive into water they sink, even with amphibious vehicles. That said with the scripting engine you can place units where-ever you want avoiding said check, and since AI don't know the difference between land and water aside for where the border is, you can spawn AI ground units on the sea and they react as if its land. So its simply not part of the sim at the moment.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

By the way. I am not able to make the recon groups work... Please, pkease, please, give it try!

I'm going to make a small change to the script today but I probably wont have time to give it a proper go till next weekend. Sorry! :(

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I named the AI huey as transport1. I had two ground units: extract1 and extract2. However upon starting the mission I would always get the message after 5 seconds that the AI helo has loaded troops (even if the helicopter was airborne). I've tried placing the AI in a pickup zone at startup with and without troops near it, I placed a dropzone on the carrier and setup waypoints for the AI. I can't make the AI landed on the carrier. I also can't load troops on the AI helo.

The AI heli can only load troops from a pickupzone or you must preload them in. They won't currently pickup troops that are standing in a pickup zone, instead they'll get fresh troops ignoring the ones already there.

I'm going to change that behaviour today so AI helis will first load already spawned troops, then they'll load troops from a pickup zone so you can see them get in and disappear.

I'll also check why it was loading in the air as that shouldnt happen.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hi Ciri

having a issue with the newest CTLD with the spawn extract able troops it gives an error when it is triggered.

Knapsak

Thats odd... Does it work in the sample mission on GitHub?

Would you mind pasting you're DO SCRIPT and i'll have a look?

i uploaded to mission with the do.script funtion to our dropbox

It is the mission from last night

gone with mcqueen and i got the error in the CSAR mission as well?

Thanks Knapsak! I'll take a look in a bit :)

New version of the CTLD Script v.1.25

Change log:

• Small Change - AI units will now autoload troops / vehicles standing in a pickup zone First, and then load from the pickup zone
  • Added new example mission showing autoload / unload behaviour (also attached)

Please see Readme and Github for latest code and how to use

Link:https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

Make sure you have the latest MIST (3.7.51)!

As always, please let me know if you have any issues or suggestions!

autoload-unload.miz

I think its working. Now when I add an extractable unit in the editor next to an AI huey and add the preload trigger for it in the pickup zone, I can see the troops disappear. However, I still can't get the AI huey to land on the carrier.

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

I think its working. Now when I add an extractable unit in the editor next to an AI huey and add the preload trigger for it in the pickup zone, I can see the troops disappear. However, I still can't get the AI huey to land on the carrier.

Have a look in the example mission on my previous post and look at the task on the waypoints as you have to add a landing task as an advanced action to get the huey to land.

I'm pretty crap at the mission editor so hopefully someone else can help. Maybe search the forums for landing examples? :)

Have a look in the example mission on my previous post and look at the task on the waypoints as you have to add a landing task as an advanced action to get the huey to land.

I'm pretty crap at the mission editor so hopefully someone else can help. Maybe search the forums for landing examples? :)

thanks, I'll try that.

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

Finally got the AI to land on the carrier.

How?

I simply chose landing instead of turning point in the last waypoint. I didn't have to go into the advanced options for waypoints.

New version of the CTLD Script v.1.26

Change log:

Small Change - You can now name Radio Beacons added by the mission editor. You can now create beacons and name them something like WP 1, WP 2 etc. The new parameter is optional and a name will be generated if its not used.

Example:

ctld.createRadioBeaconAtZone("beaconZone","red", 30,"WP 1")

Please see Readme and Github for latest code and how to use

Link:https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

Make sure you have the latest MIST (3.7.51)!

As always, please let me know if you have any issues or suggestions!

Hi guys, I'm start a mission introduce ctld... I use MIST 3.7.51.and when I call radio menu F10 and I choose CTLD AA or Ground for spawn a crate, appear this Windows error of the script.

I'm shure it's my error... but what's wrong?

That's odd. Can you post your mission file and I'll take a look?

Also I notice you're using the open beta. Does it work in the standard release?

Edited by Ciribob

Sorry... Iy's my Fault...

I added a second script and whwn I remove them all goes fine!

THX and sorry for mistake

No worries! Glad you got it working

• 2 weeks later...
this is what I use.

mist.teleportToPoint({groupName="hostages",point=Group.getByName("hostagesbus"):getUnit(1):getPosition().p,action="respawn",disperse = false,maxDisp = 20,radius = 30, innerRadius = 20, route = nil,})

with this, you will get the Hostages group teleported where the hostage bus is, with the formation position you give them in the editor. If you want you can choos aleatory positions giving "disperse=true" and then the other values, maxDisp, radius, inner radius and route. Check in hoggit for more info, but this should work. i use it for instance in a convoy. When they pass through a certain point, one of the units explode, and I teleported the soldiers to other unit not exploded. You can play around... now, the good point is that you can name the unit "extract" and they can be transported by Helicopter with CTLD script.

Thanks a lot, i am going to use in my next mission.

• 2 weeks later...
Back from hollydays... Lets go for the recon teams!

LOL sorry man got distracted by another project :D

However I have written this in the mean time, its a modified CSAR script that disables aircraft until the pilot is rescued if you're interested?

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CSAR

• Like 2