Warthog HOTAS - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-11-2018, 06:40 AM   #21
Cotoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceFuel85 View Post
I really don't think Thrustmaster gives a crap about VKB or VirPil. Flight sim controllers are a fairly small segment of their overall market, their bread and butter is racing sim controllers.
TM Warthog was the way to go for many if not most pilots and as they said last E3 they will "try to catch lightning in a bottle for the 2nd time with F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S.". VKB or VirPil manage to raise the standards for the build quality and fot TM is ether keep up with high end fly sticks or bail out. Since they already got a a good market share of the high end fly sticks, I don't think they are ready to give up on this market just yet.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:52 PM   #22
RaceFuel85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotoi View Post
TM Warthog was the way to go for many if not most pilots and as they said last E3 they will "try to catch lightning in a bottle for the 2nd time with F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S.". VKB or VirPil manage to raise the standards for the build quality and fot TM is ether keep up with high end fly sticks or bail out. Since they already got a a good market share of the high end fly sticks, I don't think they are ready to give up on this market just yet.
And VKB and VirPil can't seem to get their production logistics figured out...yes..they're smaller companies, but everywhere I go when I've considered getting a VKB or VirPil it's either out of stock, "coming soon" or "TBA".

LION 200
F-14D BuNo 164347
Commanding Officer , Fighter Squadron Two Thirteen

CDR J. "Dog" Lotton
www.cvw-8.org
RaceFuel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:47 PM   #23
aceofspades9963

I'm just interested if some 3 position switches will be included, (flaps ,speed brake etc ) without tweaking of the lua like the f-5s default warthog setup is . Fun fact the speed brake needs to be held while airborne and it stays out with weight on wheels , so no forgetting it after a run in and climbing away in burner with it left out . Hornets speed brake light is more visible than most aircraft anyway though.
aceofspades9963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 01:38 AM   #24
Sierra99
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotoi View Post
My uneducated guess AND hope is that they took a good hard look at the quality of products from competitors like VKB or VirPil and dropped the initial plan to release a new grip with the same base, and now they are working at something to match the new products on the market.
Now why would you hope this? Personally, I have ZERO desire to buy a VKB stick and throttle based on the Flanker to fly the Hornet. I’m sure the same can be said about using a Warthog to fly a Flanker. The most important fact is you WANT thrustmaster producing a Hornet Stick and Throttle setup because competition keeps prices low.

Fact.

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970, Windows 10-64 bit, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Cougar MFDs, Saitek Rudder pedals and TrackIR 5.
Sierra99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:29 AM   #25
ICS_Vortex
ED Partners

Send a message via ICQ to ICS_Vortex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra99 View Post
prices low
FSX F/A-18 video
Дополнительные материалы А-10С
ICS_Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:47 PM   #26
Kenan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
I use the Warhog HOTAS for the Hornet and it works quite well. I'll see about including my profile as the preset.
Not sure if there will be an "offical" ED preset for TM Warthog and if the one you're using is the same but..definatelly would be great if we would get not only profile but an actual diagram for both stick and throttle.

Commanding Officer of:
2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"
See our squads here and our promo video.
Croatian radio chat for DCS World
Kenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:56 AM   #27
KewlerMouh

Quote:
Now why would you hope this? Personally, I have ZERO desire to buy a VKB stick and throttle based on the Flanker to fly the Hornet. I’m sure the same can be said about using a Warthog to fly a Flanker. The most important fact is you WANT thrustmaster producing a Hornet Stick and Throttle setup because competition keeps prices low.

Fact.
My HOTAS Warthog Stick base Gimbal broke last year, I opened it up to have a look and was quite shoked about the cheap plastic parts for this high price product. The O-Ring was also in tatters, but this I expected.

Anyway, O-Ring and new gimbal would have cost me something like 105 US $ without shipping, shipping time 4 weeks. In the same time I ordered and got a Virpil T50 Base, the Warthog Stick is 100% compatible and it works like a charm.
To get to the point: the quality of the VPC base is top notch, delivery time was the same for me in the situation and our beloved Warthog Stick or future Hornet stick is Plug and Play compatible.
Also when someday my HOTAS Throttle will leave me, I will order die Virpil one.
KewlerMouh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:46 AM   #28
Cotoi

Quote:

Fact.
it is not about the grip but the base. TM bas was the best but now there are better products out there. If TM can't provide a base that is better then the competition AND compatible with TM warthog grip, why not get a VirPil base that is 100% compatible with the Warthog gri? And since I get the base why not also the grip that works really well with L39 and Mig21?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlerMouh View Post
In the same time I ordered and got a Virpil T50 Base, the Warthog Stick is 100% compatible and it works like a charm.
To get to the point: the quality of the VPC base is top notch, delivery time was the same for me in the situation and our beloved Warthog Stick or future Hornet stick is Plug and Play compatible.
Also when someday my HOTAS Throttle will leave me, I will order die Virpil one.
Does the T-50 base match the Warthog in accuracy, or I need to sacrifice some accuracy for build quality and better movement?

Last edited by Cotoi; 04-17-2018 at 07:40 PM.
Cotoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 11:46 AM   #29
KewlerMouh

It's even better. Absolutely precise, I am flying with zero dead zone. Also it comes with 3 sets of springs to configure the stiffness of the stick, currently mine is easy going with two fingers for precise little movings and gets stiffer toward the edges. I am loving it.

I am thankful to TM (and CH) for keeping high quality products on the markets on former dire simulation times, but concerning VPC, I was amazed that they could raise the bar even higher.

A friend of mine purchased it complete with the T50 Stick and is very satisfied, but be aware, the T50 stick is high quality plastics. (The base has no plastic parts at all as far is I know).
I live in the best of both worlds, there is nothing better than the feel of cold steel for flying.

PS: Nice lancer.
KewlerMouh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 12:03 PM   #30
Greekbull

VKB and Virpil are smaller outfits that will continue to grow and with that order times etc will come down. They both have far superior bases to the Thrustmaster Warthog. I'm going to be using my Virpil T-50 Base with a nice long Sahaj extension and a metal TM Warthog stick(until I get the Hornet and Tomcat sticks). The great news in Virpil's case is they just opened a new large production facility and will soon be able to fill orders quicker. But until then people will need to preorder and wait for the quality just like the MFG Crosswinds.
i7 8700K @ 5.0Ghz I ASUS Maximus Hero X Z370 I 64GB G Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200 I ASUS STRIX GTX 1080Ti I Samsung EVO 960 500GB M.2 PCIe SSD I TM Warthog HOTAS I VPC Mongoose T-50 Stick Base I MFG Crosswind Pedals I 4K 50" I TrackIR 5 W/ Wireless LukeClip

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord
Greekbull is offline   Reply With Quote