Auto Hover and Turn on target not working properly... - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-17-2018, 02:39 AM   #11
David OC

Are you using the allow rudder Yaw trim in the options? I Don't use this, as you need to trim it out to neutral once in hover.

As the others have said, fly the aircraft to the almost perfect hover, direction and position, then use these extra helpers, there not going to be able to correct for major corrections, only to help you out some.

Example: When side on to a 6 knot wind trying to aim, you will need to lean on the rudder pedals, the aircraft will want to weather vane into the wind when trying to hover over a spot on the ground, you may need a little cyclic stick (Trim) into the wind also to help the auto hover hold keep you in the correct position etc.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ROG Maximus IX Hero Motherboard | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3466Mhz | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | GTX 1070 G1 | Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | Fractal Design R5 Case | "G-sync and 5GHz are a good combo"

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library. These PDF guides are great for getting up to speed quickly or for taking a good look at the aircraft
available for DCS.

Last edited by David OC; 04-17-2018 at 03:30 AM.
David OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:36 AM   #12
Weta43
ED Testers Team

Turn on target should work regardless of whether you're in a hover or not.

If you turn on the targeting system, set T.O.T. then the HMS, you can fly the helicopter where you want by looking and designating...

Unless you have route following or FD on.