Htc vive or oculus rift

danielkarlssondk

Hi guys, I will probably buy the rift but theres a problem.. I have hearing aids and I wonder if I can have the rift on my head when I have hearing aids?

The Rift comes with some really nice on-the-ear headphones. The sound is spectacular. Way better than my SteelSeries headset. I thought they'd be like those old 80's/90's Walkman headphones that made your ears hurt, but they don't.

Does having something resting against your ears cause an issue? Do you get feedback holding something like a phone to your ear? If so, the Rift headphones are also easily removable, so you can use whatever sound source you typically use. Other headphones, speakers, etc.

If you can make the Rift headphones work though, they really are nice.

Hi guys, I will probably buy the rift but theres a problem.. I have hearing aids and I wonder if I can have the rift on my head when I have hearing aids?

Rift would work uniquely well with hearing aids because you can make it so the speakers are not even touching your ears or just partly touching them, due to the adjustability of the arms that hold them to the headband.

Thanks guys! Rift is now ordered! Took a long time but is finally ordered! Thanks! :)

:thumbup:

Enjoy!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi danielkarlssondk I also wear hearing aids. I found that the sound was ok with the stock hearing pads but as your aid sits on top of your ear you don't get full 100%. So I purchased a set of earbuds for my Rift and they work great. As they fit snuggly into your ear you can adjust volume to suit, and get 100% sound. If you Google Oculus Rift earbuds you will see them. They are very easy to fit.

ASUS Maximus X Hero; i7-8700K OC'd @ 5 Ghz; Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme 8GB; 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200Mhz RAM; 500GB Samsung EVO 960 SSD; Warthog HOTAS; Saitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals; HP Reverb VR; Realtus Forcefeel Game Pad running on SimShaker for Aviators software. :thumbup:

• 6 months later...

Been following this thread since i pre ordered the vive when it first came.out. The pixesl density always bugged me in terms of reading cockpit controls etc. As the Persian Gulf and Hornet came out I noticed the vive.cockpit and stuttering became worse. I just caved in and bought a rift to compare and discovered that everything runs so much smoother, hornet instruments easier to read and better frame rate on high settings.

Since I only use VR for DCS i gave my Vive to my son and am now a rift convert...

Been following this thread since i pre ordered the vive when it first came.out. The pixesl density always bugged me in terms of reading cockpit controls etc. As the Persian Gulf and Hornet came out I noticed the vive.cockpit and stuttering became worse. I just caved in and bought a rift to compare and discovered that everything runs so much smoother, hornet instruments easier to read and better frame rate on high settings.

Since I only use VR for DCS i gave my Vive to my son and am now a rift convert...

:thumbup:

Congrats, still loving my Rift and enjoying it on a daily basis.

The Persian Gulf and F/A 18-C are gorgeous VR!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|