Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - Nevada - Round 1 - Page 10 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-30-2017, 05:10 AM   #91
AbortedMan

Reputation power: 6
AbortedMan is on a distinguished road

My apologies, I didn't mean to imply it should be added to start another balance discussion. I'm trying to figure out where it will be available and if I should purchase Nevada or not. Blue Flag would be my preferred arena, but if it's not available on the current iteration I'll save my Nevada schmeckles for another...eternity, or whenever ED decides to merge DCS.
AbortedMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:08 PM   #92
rogonaut

Reputation power: 3
rogonaut will become famous soon enoughrogonaut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbortedMan View Post
My apologies, I didn't mean to imply it should be added to start another balance discussion. I'm trying to figure out where it will be available and if I should purchase Nevada or not. Blue Flag would be my preferred arena, but if it's not available on the current iteration I'll save my Nevada schmeckles for another...eternity, or whenever ED decides to merge DCS.
Dont worry about the balance discussion its naturally bound to your question. Bf on nevada is awesome if u ask me, if u can afford buy it

Mavs for the a10!
rogonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:10 PM   #93
Pheonix0869

Reputation power: 2
Pheonix0869 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogonaut View Post
Dont worry about the balance discussion its naturally bound to your question. Bf on nevada is awesome if u ask me, if u can afford buy it

Mavs for the a10!
Yeah, being forced to dumb bomb and use rockets is good practice regardless!

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk
Pheonix0869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:36 PM   #94
Peaches

Reputation power: 0
Peaches is on a distinguished road

Bomb damage model is broken. Anything other than a direct hit is useless. True even for 2000# bombs.
Peaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:51 PM   #95
Vilab

Reputation power: 1
Vilab is on a distinguished road

hello,

As a gazelle owner, and because i have just bought Nevada, i have noticed that there was a discussion about the gazelle in Blue Flag there : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...75262&page=393

i have noticed that the main argument against the introduction of the gazelle in Blue flag was :
"it has guided missile, it would announce the introduction of ka-50, which is way too moderm for BF"

i would like to underline that the gazelle comes in 3 different versions :

- "Mistral", A-A version with 4 stinger like missiles

- M, with 4 guided HOT-3 sub-sonic anti-tank missiles with a hard range limit of 4.2km ( =/= 12 supersonic laser guided Vikhr with a 10km range )

- L with a fixed 20mm gun and 8x68mm rockets.

Even if the A-A version is not welcomed in BF, even if the "M" version is too "modern" for BF, the L version is pretty much a smaller Huey with a smaller payload.
Vilab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:56 PM   #96
Tj1376

Tj1376 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport View Post
You could restrict the TGPs and JDAMs to bring it more in line with the other units available. It would be a good counter to the Viggen. Maybe replace the A-10A? If not the A-10 could use a pair of Mavs.

Agree completely. But then why do we have the A10A and not the C? I'd much rather have the C and restrict its loadouts. The clickable cockpit makes it worth it in my mind. But the server admins made the decision to stay with the A.

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tj1376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:10 PM   #97
Tj1376

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbortedMan View Post

I'll be honest. I enjoy this version of BF on Nevada. Would I buy Nevada for it? Probably not.

Viggen is only red and F5 is only blue. Thus I have to commit to one or the other each round. Not as much fun.

There are also crazy stuttering issues. Nothing major but if they happen at a time when I'm low on the deck in the Viggen or chopper, I'm dead.

I'd probably wait. Although god only knows how much longer it's going to take for ED to fix 1.5.7...

TJ

Old 10-30-2017, 06:08 PM   #98
jejsus

Reputation power: 3
jejsus is on a distinguished road

The silhouette style of iff is absolutely necessary for simulating this era and would be really happy if it stays like this. There is enough mess around on other servers.
jejsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:37 PM   #99
Sport
Tester NS 430

Reputation power: 5
Sport is a jewel in the roughSport is a jewel in the roughSport is a jewel in the roughSport is a jewel in the roughSport is a jewel in the roughSport is a jewel in the roughSport is a jewel in the roughSport is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj1376 View Post
Agree completely. But then why do we have the A10A and not the C? I'd much rather have the C and restrict its loadouts. The clickable cockpit makes it worth it in my mind. But the server admins made the decision to stay with the A.

TJ

Auto countermeasures are one significant reason, I’d say. I appreciate the pure 80s feel of the scenario, so it’s possible the Harrier in the form we’re getting it isn’t a great fit, but I’d trade mavs on the A-10 for the LGBs on the F-5. Don’t get me wrong, I love the GBUs, but they aren’t era correct and right now, it’s more efficient for a flight of F-5s to work a FARP with a JTAC than for the A-10s to love the mud.

That said, I love the NTTR version of BF. Even if it doesn’t change it’s still my favorite server, by far
Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:42 PM   #100
Tj1376

Quote:
Originally Posted by jejsus View Post
The silhouette style of iff is absolutely necessary for simulating this era and would be really happy if it stays like this. There is enough mess around on other servers.
Agree completely. You could never share airframes on this server.

TJ