**DCS: F-14 Multiplayer Testing!** - Page 8 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2017, 05:21 PM   #71
MemphisBelle
Senior Member
 
MemphisBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,725
Send a message via MSN to MemphisBelle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra847 View Post
Our intention is to raise the bar as much as we can
HAHA!!!! That was a good one...you already raised the bar to the top level simply by creating a Tomcat. Many dreams will come true due to this...every further step you make is a step beyond the thing that holds the raise bar (whatever this might be called in english)
__________________

common questions? Read the ED Wiki
unanswered Support ticket? --> solution
Are you looking for specific information to certain Modules? --> check the DCS World Root page on the ED Wiki

Specs:: ASrock Z370 extreme 4; Intel i5 8600K @3,6Ghz; 16GB DDR4 RAM; GTX 1080 @8GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 3x SSD 850 EVO 250 GB + 3 TB HDD
Hardware: Oculus Rift + Touch; HOTAS Warthog
MemphisBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 06:59 PM   #72
Atooyi
Member
 
Atooyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Iran, Esfahan
Posts: 175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra847 View Post
We have a plan with regards to Russian ordinance on Iranian Tomcats which I think will satisfy everyone.
wow, by the way mim23 was actually used in combat but the Russian ones were never used and some sort of failed to work with tomcats, but the mim23, they not only worked fine with lots of improvements on both tomcats and mim23 but also scored some kills, I never thought you would have done that, just wow...that's what makes you diffrenet from other developers...wow just wow
Atooyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:25 PM   #73
Atooyi
Member
 
Atooyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Iran, Esfahan
Posts: 175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra847 View Post
We have a plan with regards to Russian ordinance on Iranian Tomcats which I think will satisfy everyone.
and also, the r27 was not more than a prototype and test, but the mim23 was used and then developed by Iran into a new a-a missile called sedjeel (سجيل) they had also developed an Iranian version of aim54 (obviously not as good as the original one) called fakour-90, but as lack of data is obvious , I really think that mim23 option would be the most realistic one.



sedjeel missile based on hawk mim23







Fakour-90 iranian version of aim54







sedjeel missile based on hawk mim23





Mim23 or maybe sedjeel on tomcat





Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2017-06-14_23-44-08.jpg
Views:	1240
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	164268   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2017-06-14_23-44-42.jpg
Views:	1079
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	164269   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2017-06-14_23-45-40.jpg
Views:	1084
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	164270  

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2017-06-14_23-47-09.jpg
Views:	1088
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	164271   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2017-06-14_23-53-02.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	164272  
Atooyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 04:30 PM   #74
Drag0nWIng+
Posting Rights Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 320
Default

wow, real Persian boy stand here, welcome dude.
your hero Jalil Zandi is the best tomcat pilot over the world, I known his story from osprey book. (but amurica boyz still think they are the best.)
and there are some documentary videos about the war at utb, I love them. there are 2 episode (cut from the 5 episode one) in english, other 5 episode (original) is in Persian, feel pity that I can't understand it.
Drag0nWIng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 04:47 PM   #75
joey45
Veteran
 
joey45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West London UK
Posts: 10,021
Default

Looks good...
__________________
General 3D modeling thread and reference sites
new UK liveries for planes, ships and MODS.
The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.
"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."
Please send all hate mail to No11
V0.99 of my UK Yak-52 is now available in the user files..
joey45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:47 PM   #76
turkeydriver
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atooyi View Post

and also, the r27 was not more than a prototype and test, but the mim23 was used and then developed by Iran into a new a-a missile called sedjeel (سجيل) they had also developed an Iranian version of aim54 (obviously not as good as the original one) called fakour-90, but as lack of data is obvious , I really think that mim23 option would be the most realistic one.



sedjeel missile based on hawk mim23







Fakour-90 iranian version of aim54







sedjeel missile based on hawk mim23





Mim23 or maybe sedjeel on tomcat





I'm very sorry I think all of this capability would be very cool but there isn't one video showing an actual MiM-23 FIRING and HITTING a target after being launched by an F-14. It cannot tune to the AWG-9. What you've read is largely intentional misleading information to fluff their jet's capabilities. It is amazing that they fly at all but I seriously doubt the ability to maintain the AWG-9 as a fully capable system and doubt all press releases that state otherwise. I think a very realistic capability is long range search and attacking with AIM-9Js. If Iran had a radar missile capability they would film it in HD4k resolution and send to every News outlet in the world. What they have now are press releases and ideas and prototypes and drop tests and separation tests and models. What they have not demonstrated in the past twenty years is the ability to destroy an A-A target with an American made radar guided weapon. I'd guess their MiG-29s are in better shape. ( this coming from a 20 years avionics tech)
turkeydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:22 PM   #77
Drag0nWIng+
Posting Rights Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 320
Default

aim54 is an 50 years old missile since it was designed.
do you guys still think it's still a high tech firework like half century ago.
maybe you guys still use 8086 to play our dear dcsw.
Drag0nWIng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 01:05 PM   #78
captain_dalan
Member
 
captain_dalan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyforDCS View Post
What WinterH said. We will probably be getting the B model first, the A model will be coming later. (According to Cobra)
Yeah....which makes me think, if A and B come out as separate full priced modules, i might actually wait for the A, after all it is the bird i'll spend 90% of my time in the air with.....
captain_dalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 01:52 PM   #79
OnlyforDCS
Senior Member
 
OnlyforDCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydriver View Post
I'm very sorry I think all of this capability would be very cool but there isn't one video showing an actual MiM-23 FIRING and HITTING a target after being launched by an F-14. It cannot tune to the AWG-9. What you've read is largely intentional misleading information to fluff their jet's capabilities. It is amazing that they fly at all but I seriously doubt the ability to maintain the AWG-9 as a fully capable system and doubt all press releases that state otherwise. I think a very realistic capability is long range search and attacking with AIM-9Js. If Iran had a radar missile capability they would film it in HD4k resolution and send to every News outlet in the world. What they have now are press releases and ideas and prototypes and drop tests and separation tests and models. What they have not demonstrated in the past twenty years is the ability to destroy an A-A target with an American made radar guided weapon. I'd guess their MiG-29s are in better shape. ( this coming from a 20 years avionics tech)
Let me get this straight, what you are saying is that you think that Iran doesn't have the ability to operate and use the F-14 as a weapons platform to fire the AIM54 missile? Is that because they have no more AIM54s, can't reverse engineer any, or do you think that they never had this ability?
__________________
Current specs: Windows 7 64bit, i5-3570K @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB RAM, 128GB SSD exclusively for DCS, ASUS Turbo GTX970 4GB, TrackIR 5, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Saitek X52 throttle, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.
OnlyforDCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 01:55 PM   #80
OnlyforDCS
Senior Member
 
OnlyforDCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_dalan View Post
Yeah....which makes me think, if A and B come out as separate full priced modules, i might actually wait for the A, after all it is the bird i'll spend 90% of my time in the air with.....
It has been stated that the both versions will be available in one package, or as one module. Kind of like the L39C and ZA are.
__________________
Current specs: Windows 7 64bit, i5-3570K @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB RAM, 128GB SSD exclusively for DCS, ASUS Turbo GTX970 4GB, TrackIR 5, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Saitek X52 throttle, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.
OnlyforDCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:13 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.