**DCS: F-14 Multiplayer Testing!** - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-14-2017, 06:21 PM   #71
MemphisBelle

Reputation power: 30
MemphisBelle is a glorious beacon of lightMemphisBelle is a glorious beacon of lightMemphisBelle is a glorious beacon of lightMemphisBelle is a glorious beacon of lightMemphisBelle is a glorious beacon of lightMemphisBelle is a glorious beacon of lightMemphisBelle is a glorious beacon of lightMemphisBelle is a glorious beacon of lightMemphisBelle is a glorious beacon of lightMemphisBelle is a glorious beacon of lightMemphisBelle is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to MemphisBelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra847 View Post
Our intention is to raise the bar as much as we can
HAHA!!!! That was a good one...you already raised the bar to the top level simply by creating a Tomcat. Many dreams will come true due to this...every further step you make is a step beyond the thing that holds the raise bar (whatever this might be called in english)

common questions? Read the ED Wiki
unanswered Support ticket? --> solution
Are you looking for specific information to certain Modules? --> check the DCS World Root page on the ED Wiki
MemphisBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:59 PM   #72
Atooyi

Reputation power: 2
Atooyi will become famous soon enoughAtooyi will become famous soon enoughAtooyi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
We have a plan with regards to Russian ordinance on Iranian Tomcats which I think will satisfy everyone.
wow, by the way mim23 was actually used in combat but the Russian ones were never used and some sort of failed to work with tomcats, but the mim23, they not only worked fine with lots of improvements on both tomcats and mim23 but also scored some kills, I never thought you would have done that, just wow...that's what makes you diffrenet from other developers...wow just wow
Atooyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:25 PM   #73
Atooyi

Reputation power: 2
Atooyi will become famous soon enoughAtooyi will become famous soon enoughAtooyi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
We have a plan with regards to Russian ordinance on Iranian Tomcats which I think will satisfy everyone.
and also, the r27 was not more than a prototype and test, but the mim23 was used and then developed by Iran into a new a-a missile called sedjeel (سجيل) they had also developed an Iranian version of aim54 (obviously not as good as the original one) called fakour-90, but as lack of data is obvious , I really think that mim23 option would be the most realistic one.

sedjeel missile based on hawk mim23

Fakour-90 iranian version of aim54

Mim23 or maybe sedjeel on tomcat

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2017-06-14_23-44-08.jpg
Views:	985
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	164268   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2017-06-14_23-44-42.jpg
Views:	944
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	164269   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2017-06-14_23-45-40.jpg
Views:	946
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	164270  

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2017-06-14_23-47-09.jpg
Views:	946
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	164271   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2017-06-14_23-53-02.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	164272  
Atooyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:30 PM   #74
Drag0nWIng+
Posting Rights Suspended

Reputation power: 0
Drag0nWIng is on a distinguished road

wow, real Persian boy stand here, welcome dude.
your hero Jalil Zandi is the best tomcat pilot over the world, I known his story from osprey book. (but amurica boyz still think they are the best.)
and there are some documentary videos about the war at utb, I love them. there are 2 episode (cut from the 5 episode one) in english, other 5 episode (original) is in Persian, feel pity that I can't understand it.
Drag0nWIng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:47 PM   #75
joey45
Veteran

Reputation power: 174
joey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud of

Looks good...
"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."
It's not the Devs that destroy games it's the communities that control it.
Please send all hate mail to No11
Version 1 of my Harrier liveries are up and a load of other fantastic ones.
joey45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:47 PM   #76
turkeydriver

Reputation power: 5
turkeydriver is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atooyi View Post

and also, the r27 was not more than a prototype and test, but the mim23 was used and then developed by Iran into a new a-a missile called sedjeel (سجيل) they had also developed an Iranian version of aim54 (obviously not as good as the original one) called fakour-90, but as lack of data is obvious , I really think that mim23 option would be the most realistic one.

Fakour-90 iranian version of aim54

Mim23 or maybe sedjeel on tomcat

I'm very sorry I think all of this capability would be very cool but there isn't one video showing an actual MiM-23 FIRING and HITTING a target after being launched by an F-14. It cannot tune to the AWG-9. What you've read is largely intentional misleading information to fluff their jet's capabilities. It is amazing that they fly at all but I seriously doubt the ability to maintain the AWG-9 as a fully capable system and doubt all press releases that state otherwise. I think a very realistic capability is long range search and attacking with AIM-9Js. If Iran had a radar missile capability they would film it in HD4k resolution and send to every News outlet in the world. What they have now are press releases and ideas and prototypes and drop tests and separation tests and models. What they have not demonstrated in the past twenty years is the ability to destroy an A-A target with an American made radar guided weapon. I'd guess their MiG-29s are in better shape. ( this coming from a 20 years avionics tech)
turkeydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:22 PM   #77
Drag0nWIng+
Posting Rights Suspended

Reputation power: 0
Drag0nWIng is on a distinguished road

aim54 is an 50 years old missile since it was designed.
do you guys still think it's still a high tech firework like half century ago.
maybe you guys still use 8086 to play our dear dcsw.
Drag0nWIng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:05 PM   #78
captain_dalan

Reputation power: 4
captain_dalan has a spectacular aura aboutcaptain_dalan has a spectacular aura aboutcaptain_dalan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyforDCS View Post
What WinterH said. We will probably be getting the B model first, the A model will be coming later. (According to Cobra)
Yeah....which makes me think, if A and B come out as separate full priced modules, i might actually wait for the A, after all it is the bird i'll spend 90% of my time in the air with.....
captain_dalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:52 PM   #79
OnlyforDCS

Reputation power: 14
OnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydriver View Post
I'm very sorry I think all of this capability would be very cool but there isn't one video showing an actual MiM-23 FIRING and HITTING a target after being launched by an F-14. It cannot tune to the AWG-9. What you've read is largely intentional misleading information to fluff their jet's capabilities. It is amazing that they fly at all but I seriously doubt the ability to maintain the AWG-9 as a fully capable system and doubt all press releases that state otherwise. I think a very realistic capability is long range search and attacking with AIM-9Js. If Iran had a radar missile capability they would film it in HD4k resolution and send to every News outlet in the world. What they have now are press releases and ideas and prototypes and drop tests and separation tests and models. What they have not demonstrated in the past twenty years is the ability to destroy an A-A target with an American made radar guided weapon. I'd guess their MiG-29s are in better shape. ( this coming from a 20 years avionics tech)
Let me get this straight, what you are saying is that you think that Iran doesn't have the ability to operate and use the F-14 as a weapons platform to fire the AIM54 missile? Is that because they have no more AIM54s, can't reverse engineer any, or do you think that they never had this ability?
Old 06-17-2017, 02:55 PM   #80
OnlyforDCS

Reputation power: 14
OnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_dalan View Post
Yeah....which makes me think, if A and B come out as separate full priced modules, i might actually wait for the A, after all it is the bird i'll spend 90% of my time in the air with.....
It has been stated that the both versions will be available in one package, or as one module. Kind of like the L39C and ZA are.