DCS F/A-18C OFP 13C, Lot 20, ATFLIR Thread - Page 296 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-16-2017, 01:05 AM   #2951
The Black Swan

Reputation power: 6
The Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czar66 View Post
Yes!!! Here comes the video. Some substantial announcement may be coming very soon.

Excited for the video+announcement.

The art style of that frame reminds me the golden days of novalogic sims/games pre rendered assets. Some nostalgia I found in there!
ahh.... mah childhood, and what got me into aviation in the first place.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:15 AM   #2952
AMEDooley

Reputation power: 4
AMEDooley is a jewel in the roughAMEDooley is a jewel in the roughAMEDooley is a jewel in the roughAMEDooley is a jewel in the roughAMEDooley is a jewel in the roughAMEDooley is a jewel in the rough

So here's my take on the carrier and Hornet. They need to come together. As far as what you can do and how the deck looks, that can be a DLC. But you shouldn't release the Hornet with out a CVN to take off and land on. At minimum the arresting gear, lights, and catapults should function. That's part of what makes the Hornet a Hornet, carrier ops!
AMEDooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:41 AM   #2953
Kev2go

Reputation power: 6
Kev2go has a spectacular aura aboutKev2go has a spectacular aura aboutKev2go has a spectacular aura aboutKev2go has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMEDooley View Post
So here's my take on the carrier and Hornet. They need to come together. As far as what you can do and how the deck looks, that can be a DLC. But you shouldn't release the Hornet with out a CVN to take off and land on. At minimum the arresting gear, lights, and catapults should function. That's part of what makes the Hornet a Hornet, carrier ops!
not for Canada, Switzerland, Australia, Spain or Finland

Granted these are land based versions without strenghened landing gear and without tailhook, but some squadrons depending on nationality ( or branch, such as the USMC) may use this module primarily as land based fighters.

Build:

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Gibabyte Z97x Motherboard, Intel Core i7 4790k ; 4.0 ghz ( Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo),Kingston Hyperx DDR3 16gb ram (1866 mhz) ,
(Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsing evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD

Last edited by Kev2go; 06-16-2017 at 01:47 AM.
Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:12 AM   #2954
Revelation

Reputation power: 24
Revelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMEDooley View Post
CVN already exists in game, it only needs the updated code. As much as I want to see the new carrier come out at the same time, I do not think it will.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:20 AM   #2955
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Reputation power: 48
Esac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

A Hornet without carrier ops is not a Hornet.

No matter the argument used.

And i´m from Spain.

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4
Esac_mirmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:21 AM   #2956
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 87
SkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowing_Amraam View Post
Things are moving in the right direction at least
Niiiiiice
TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFDs, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro
SkateZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:26 AM   #2957
Kapsu

Reputation power: 2
Kapsu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev2go View Post
not for Canada, Switzerland, Australia, Spain or Finland
+1

Quote:
Granted these are land based versions without strenghened landing gear and without tailhook, but some squadrons depending on nationality ( or branch, such as the USMC) may use this module primarily as land based fighters.
Huh? AFAIK at least Finnish hornets have identical landing gear compared to USN birds and tailhooks is there for sure. Never heard that different landing gear even existed other than on that F-18L proposal.
Kapsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:29 AM   #2958
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 87
SkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to behold

They all have the same Landing Gear, (Except L Export which never Sold).

The Only Difference is some Countries elected to remove the Catapult Launch Bar and replace w/ Bushing Spacer or Faux Launch Bar.
TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFDs, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro

Last edited by SkateZilla; 06-16-2017 at 02:32 AM.
SkateZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 03:53 AM   #2959
Drag0nWIng+
Posting Rights Suspended

Reputation power: 0
Drag0nWIng is on a distinguished road

what is the SFX meaning?
Drag0nWIng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 04:15 AM   #2960
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 102
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon67 View Post
seems the main console is not yet ready?
I believe I have occasionally seen it on in some images I have been privy to so its possible its disabled or not working for the E3 demo. I have no idea what they sent for the demo.

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f-18