Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 03:15 AM   #261
pimp

Reputation power: 7
pimp will become famous soon enoughpimp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehtnap View Post
It's an Alienware with a 1080ti that much I do know.
Ah ok. That's what I really wanted to know. thank you.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:15 AM   #262
sirscorpion

Reputation power: 3
sirscorpion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateZilla View Post
Ask wags to install OBS Studio and just live stream directly from the rig to Facebook.
yeah just keep the stream up, would be a fun day watching variations of skill levels.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:01 AM   #263
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 105
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

As stated before, they are not planning any streams, all focus is on E3 and the crowd showing up there, we will get more info after Wags gets back in the coming weeks I am sure.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:11 AM   #264
Drag0nWIng+
Posting Rights Suspended

Reputation power: 0
Drag0nWIng is on a distinguished road

why the hud is light blue?
https://youtu.be/fj6Co10SxH8?t=3m51s
and also glass on cockpit.
https://youtu.be/fj6Co10SxH8?t=5m52s
Old 06-14-2017, 05:43 AM   #265
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 105
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag0nWIng View Post
Might be something to do with surrounding lights and video quality... Not sure.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:56 AM   #266
Beamscanner

Reputation power: 5
Beamscanner is a jewel in the roughBeamscanner is a jewel in the roughBeamscanner is a jewel in the roughBeamscanner is a jewel in the roughBeamscanner is a jewel in the roughBeamscanner is a jewel in the roughBeamscanner is a jewel in the rough

I wonder if there will be an option to hide the stick so we can see the bottom display.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:30 AM   #267
VampireNZ

Reputation power: 7
VampireNZ is a jewel in the roughVampireNZ is a jewel in the roughVampireNZ is a jewel in the roughVampireNZ is a jewel in the roughVampireNZ is a jewel in the roughVampireNZ is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag0nWIng View Post
Looks like it might be related to the colour settings in that monitor, but I also think it related to the fact that ED tend to overdo the level of HUD glass tinting.
In my experience looking through real HUDs, DCS versions all seems far too dark/opaque. Just IMHO - easy to fix with 5 mins in PS.
Looks like they got the actual coloration of the coatings for the Hornet pretty spot on thou. I think I even saw in that footage posted the colour change and reflection of the collimating lense in the HUD, which was pretty nice.

Shopping List -
F-14A/B

Last edited by VampireNZ; 06-14-2017 at 06:33 AM.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:04 AM   #268
Kayos

Reputation power: 11
Kayos has a spectacular aura aboutKayos has a spectacular aura aboutKayos has a spectacular aura aboutKayos has a spectacular aura aboutKayos has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamscanner View Post
I wonder if there will be an option to hide the stick so we can see the bottom display.
Yes that would be nice. Probably not much of a problem in VR though.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:08 AM   #269
sirscorpion

Reputation power: 3
sirscorpion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
As stated before, they are not planning any streams, all focus is on E3 and the crowd showing up there, we will get more info after Wags gets back in the coming weeks I am sure.
Why though? It does not make any seance not to capitalize of the raised interest by E3. You guys do know that the majority of E3 consumers are online, you can easily get 100k views on an online vid during this time period Vs what 1000 ppl visiting the booth?
Old 06-14-2017, 08:51 AM   #270
castor

Reputation power: 11
castor has a spectacular aura aboutcastor has a spectacular aura aboutcastor has a spectacular aura about

Some info
-The module was running on DCS 2.2 and had wonderful
-HUD and Canopy glass. HUD was bright and visible.
-SFX for the Hornet uses all new SFX.
- MFCD functionality was very limited as those portions are very much a work in progress.
-Flight model was solid and felt like a mix between the F-15C and the Su-27. Unknown if the flight model is still a big work in progress.
- Other demo players used rockets, aim-9s, aim-7s and guns.
- Did not see any usage of BVR systems, remember this is a very simple demo for E3 attendees who are not really into flight sims.
-Wags said I can do carrier stuff tomorrow so please stay tuned for that!

System specs: CPU: i5-6600K@ 4.5 GHz | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 1080 Aorus Extreme | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | CH Products Pro Pedals
Closed Thread