ETA for Caucasus 2.1? - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-13-2017, 11:10 AM   #41
Boberro
Veteran

Reputation power: 239
Boberro has a brilliant futureBoberro has a brilliant futureBoberro has a brilliant futureBoberro has a brilliant futureBoberro has a brilliant futureBoberro has a brilliant futureBoberro has a brilliant futureBoberro has a brilliant futureBoberro has a brilliant futureBoberro has a brilliant futureBoberro has a brilliant future

I do hope they bring Caucasus plus Crimea

Boberro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:11 AM   #42
Automan

Reputation power: 21
Automan is a glorious beacon of lightAutoman is a glorious beacon of lightAutoman is a glorious beacon of lightAutoman is a glorious beacon of lightAutoman is a glorious beacon of lightAutoman is a glorious beacon of lightAutoman is a glorious beacon of lightAutoman is a glorious beacon of lightAutoman is a glorious beacon of lightAutoman is a glorious beacon of lightAutoman is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Nevada is a great map for many realistic scenarios involving training US aircraft. It certainly has its place.
I agree, but not only US... The Red Flag exercises at Nellis, through the years, involved a lot of other western countries AC(and some eastern too):
Mirage-2000
Mirage F1
Tornado
Jaguar
Buccaner
AMX
Griphen
Kfir
Su-30

So, the only limiting factor for a real use is the absence of more modules of those "exotic" AC

Alienware Aurora R4: Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 3820@4.3Ghz | 4x2GB Patriot Viper Extreme@2133Mhz | Evga GTX980ti SC+ | Corsair Force GT 128GB | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB | Alienware OptX AW2310
ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TFRP, MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR 5
Automan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:32 PM   #43
Reflected

Reputation power: 17
Reflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of light

I don't want 100% historical accuracy. It's just that I can pretend the Caucasus to be Vietnam, Korea, or Any part of the world. Nevada can be Nevada, or the Middle East, none of which I fancy flying above. That's it. So then I'd rather wait for Caucasus 2.5

My Music
My DCS Skins
B350 Gaming Plus / Ryzen 5 1600 X @ 3,6 / MSI GeForce GTX1070 8192 / 16 GB RAM / Samsung PM961 512 SSD / MS FFB 2 / TM Warthog throttle / Saitek ProFlight pedals / TrackIR 4 PRO
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:39 PM   #44
blkspade

Reputation power: 9
blkspade is a jewel in the roughblkspade is a jewel in the roughblkspade is a jewel in the roughblkspade is a jewel in the roughblkspade is a jewel in the roughblkspade is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacken View Post
Personally, I have never seen the point of Nevada at all. Sure, it's nice flying through Vegas in various aircraft, but flying WWII planes doesn't seem right, neither does flying Russian planes or doing combat missions over Nevada.
Since purchasing NTTR last year, I have hardly ever used it apart from testing v2.0 and the occasional flights over the strip!
Nevada is where a lot of simulated combat happens IRL, so it makes tons of sense to virtually simulate such activities. Pretending you're not actually killing anyone should be relatively easy...
Old 06-13-2017, 12:47 PM   #45
shonist

Reputation power: 1
shonist will become famous soon enoughshonist will become famous soon enoughshonist will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post
I don't want 100% historical accuracy. It's just that I can pretend the Caucasus to be Vietnam, Korea, or Any part of the world. Nevada can be Nevada, or the Middle East, none of which I fancy flying above. That's it. So then I'd rather wait for Caucasus 2.5
i dont even need 1% historical accuracy,

if the mission is fun, **** history.
shonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:00 PM   #46
MikeMikeJuliet

Reputation power: 7
MikeMikeJuliet is just really niceMikeMikeJuliet is just really niceMikeMikeJuliet is just really niceMikeMikeJuliet is just really niceMikeMikeJuliet is just really niceMikeMikeJuliet is just really niceMikeMikeJuliet is just really niceMikeMikeJuliet is just really niceMikeMikeJuliet is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boberro View Post
I do hope they bring Caucasus plus Crimea
Wags has said the will not be extending the map. Only remaking it.
MikeMikeJuliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:20 PM   #47
Drag0nWIng+
Posting Rights Suspended

Reputation power: 0
Drag0nWIng is on a distinguished road

extending is not accurate, it was apart of black sea map at past, many years ago...
lol
Drag0nWIng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:32 PM   #48
drPhibes

Reputation power: 10
drPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nice

That was LOMAC. Crimea has never been part of the DCS World caucasus/black sea map.
drPhibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:59 PM   #49
AKULA_OPTIMUS

Reputation power: 0
AKULA_OPTIMUS can only hope to improve

Having Crimea back would be a dream, but it wont happen
AKULA_OPTIMUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:00 AM   #50
Wader8

Reputation power: 4
Wader8 will become famous soon enoughWader8 will become famous soon enoughWader8 will become famous soon enough

Well, since the bridge is under construction, if they were in the middle of development about now, which version would they use for the bridge area, the mid-construction, or the final one?

So I had an idea, both, the whole bridge and and construction machines would be models simply placed on the surface/terrain textures that could remain the same for both, the textures for the highways would be on some separate layer just pasted ontop of terrain, without having to modify the ground, it would just take a bit of fiddling to get it right so the stuff that's just plasted ontop doesn't look wrong and blends in right.

You would just choose which option to use, when you use final version the construction machines simply vanish, and the bridge model is replaced with the finished one.

I'm just assuming, even if technically it may be possible they may not want to change any core map stuff for some other reasons, that's why this would be easier than other cases, since no heightmap needs to be changed ... a few piles of dirt can be models too.

Last edited by Wader8; 06-17-2017 at 05:18 PM.
Wader8 is offline   Reply With Quote