Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter

rrohde

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one may seem a little weird, but just to be sure ...

Bearing the warning to only tighten the dry clutch screws to "finger tightness" in mind, are there any long implications to have a relatively strong dry clutch friction? E.g., is there more wear/stress on the components, requiring, e.g., replacement of the nylon collars or other parts sooner rather than later in the future?

Confirmed by VKB HQ - no need to worry. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Does TMS long etc work with the Warthog adapter ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Does TMS long etc work with the Warthog adapter ?

Yes,

TMS long and short work, you just have to re-porgram/re map a couple of buttons, but they all work great :thumbup:

Edited by Outlaw24

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

when can we have the throttle for modern jet and metal MCG grip?

Difficult to answer. For the TCS (Throttle Control System), VKB HQ told me it has the highest priority after the initial release of the MCG grip variants. I cannot say anything about the metal replica version of the MCG at this time - as VKB HQ hasn't shared anything concrete about this.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Yes,

TMS long and short work, you just have to re-porgram/re map a couple of buttons, but thaty all work great

Thanks switch pigs on my part

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

FYI - those of you who ordered VKB Gunfighters should have gotten tracking numbers this morning - all GF orders have been shipped from VKB HQ.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Yep. Site still says it should ship today. Still haven't received a tracking ID though. Only positive thing is that I live in The Netherlands and I should have it pretty quick after it ships. Standard shipping time is one day with delivery of package on Tuesday through Saturday.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

PDP, VAX and Alpha fanatic ; HP-Compaq is the Satan! ; Let us pray daily while facing Maynard! ; Life starts at 150 km/h

My Gunfighter-Pro recently arrived and I felt compelled to write a quick review on my initial thoughts - can be seen here.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3172731#post3172731

I also designed and manufactured a mounting bracket for my Obutto Ozone rig if anyone might be interested in some plans to give your local engineering firm to whip one up for you.

:joystick:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wonder if VKB has some intermediate length stick extension planned (around 8 cm). The one sold currently is longer and looking at the photos, requires a floor mount and lots of space for stick deflection.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I wonder if VKB has some intermediate length stick extension planned (around 8 cm). The one sold currently is longer and looking at the photos, requires a floor mount and lots of space for stick deflection.

As far as I know, there is currently no other stick extension planned besides the 200mm one already out there for the Gunfighter.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Hi Rainer! I've received mine a few days ago and just wondering if those two screws that hold down the dust cover are still an issue with this second batch of gunfighters. Should I loosen it a bit? Just by looking I couldn't find what could be the problem that was mentioned before. BTW my short first time impression is there as well. Thanks

Edited by RUS38

Shipment for EUR customers delayed again. Shipping will now happen from June the 23d through the 26th:

https://flightsimcontrols.com/2017/06/gunfighter-orders-shipping-on-june-23-26/

Is it just me or european customers seem to be the third wheel of The VKB market ? Pretty odd.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Hi Rainer! I've received mine a few days ago and just wondering if those two screws that hold down the dust cover are still an issue with this second batch of gunfighters. Should I loosen it a bit? Just by looking I couldn't find what could be the problem that was mentioned before. BTW my short first time impression is there as well. Thanks

That was only with the first batch of Gunfighters. All subsequent production runs have the corrected M3*6mm screws.

EDIT: ... and thank you for that write up and pics! :)

Edited by rrohde

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Got my gunfighter, now the wait for the MCG to be available... then the throttle.

+1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah - waiting is never fun, but the good thing is that the MCG is under production, and the throttle is in development. :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Pics of throttle please:)

I've seen the latest renders - but I am not allowed to share them publically. It's going to be great to have a full VKB-made HOTAS later this year (fingers crossed).

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Yeah - waiting is never fun, but the good thing is that the MCG is under production, and the throttle is in development. :)

Any word on when we will be able to place orders for the new grip?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|