Cockpit panel brighteness knob is broken

niedziak

Just returned after long break to Ka-50.

I wanted to fly for recreation at night but brightness control knob for cockpit lights doesn't work as it should (I think).

NVG light works ok, so does ADI/HSI brightness.

Cockpit lights knob only dim navigation input keypad, rest of the lights don't dim until you move the brightness all the way down at which point all lights just instantly goes off.

Do everyone have that problem?

Are you using the cockpit night vision lighting?

Page 6-85

"ПОДСВЕТ ПРИБОРЫ" (Night vision cockpit lighting) switch. [RSHIFT + K]. When using night vision goggles (NVG), it is best to use this setting to provide reduced illumination compared to the general cockpit lighting panel. You may further wish to adjust the brightness of the NVGs to maximize cockpit clarity. Night vision brightness adjustment is done with the “ЯРКОСТЬ ПОДСВЕТА ПРИБОРЫ” (Brightness instruments) knob on the lower part of the control panel.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

I've had this issue, too. The lights are either at full brightness or off - more or less. It would be really nice if we could get a fix for this at some point, although it's clearly not a game-breaking bug. It' just a little irritaring if you want to set your Cockpit lighting according to specific circumstances, because using the NVG-lighting is an acceptavle work-around in most cases. This is just a rather noticeable quirk once you start getting into the Ka-50 a little more.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

The lights are either at full brightness or off - more or less.

What is strange is that nav keypad (in the top most on the right panel) works correctly, so I don't know where is the problem.

It' just a little irritaring if you want to set your Cockpit lighting according to specific circumstances, because using the NVG-lighting is an acceptavle work-around in most cases. This is just a rather noticeable quirk once you start getting into the Ka-50 a little more.

I'm taking the game really slow, so I didn't get to NVG yet.

I know that it is only irritating and not game breaking, but I'm easily irritaded by such things :D

I will probably find some more things along the way that I will have issue with :)

• 4 months later...

Adjust brightness and gain of nvgs, also turn down brightness of abris and schval. In regards to the turn down brightness problem I will check and see if it's present as I don't use cockpit lighting at night as the ambient light of abris and schval are enough for me when using the nvg mod from the mods forum.

Edited by Enduro14

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

yes, this is how it behaves. The illumination intensity knob does nothing, its just an on-off switch.

I like to fly at night with NVG, blue cockpit illumination, turned down ABRIS and SHKVAL brightness and also HUD on night mode and illumination turned down.

My setup: Intel i3 4170, NVidia GTX960, 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz, 128GB Kingston SSD, FaceTrackNOIR

Modules: KA-50, Mig-21, SU-27, Mi-8

If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter -- and therefore, unsafe

• 1 year later...

Just a bump for this.

Has it been reported as a bug? I can't imagine it's normal behaviour for the ADI, HSI and consoles to have brightness control while the rest of the cockpit is either OFF or FULL BLAST.

The overhead panel brightness knob is broken, too.

Edited by Lixma 06