TGP No Aux Connection?

WildWeasel303

Still trying to wrap my head around this jet's systems but I can't find any documentation regarding this issue anywhere yet.

I've had a couple of instances now where I've tried to select the pod to power on but it will continually show a "No Aux Connection" error message in the center of the screen. Am I missing something here in the procedures or is this some kind of randomized failure built into the module? I can't select anything other than refocus when it displays this message so it just turns the pod into dead weight on the jet.

Any insight into this would be much appreciated. :helpsmilie:

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

Does this happen after rearming? If yes, did you update the Data Cartridge?

Happens on first flight. DTC is updated and loaded prior to taxi.

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Still trying to wrap my head around this jet's systems but I can't find any documentation regarding this issue anywhere yet.

I've had a couple of instances now where I've tried to select the pod to power on but it will continually show a "No Aux Connection" error message in the center of the screen. Am I missing something here in the procedures or is this some kind of randomized failure built into the module? I can't select anything other than refocus when it displays this message so it just turns the pod into dead weight on the jet.

Any insight into this would be much appreciated. :helpsmilie:

Someone else discovered a way to get the TPOD to work. Usually this happens on cold start planes. But the way to get around it is after you follow all the steps of selecting the pod and then powering it on, make sure whatever screen you have the pod on is you SOI (asterisk "*" symbol on the bottom center of screen) and then you press IFF interogation start/stop keybinding. you should see a grey picture after that, next step is to uncage the TPOD by pressing "cage" on the tpod screen.

Someone else discovered a way to get the TPOD to work. Usually this happens on cold start planes. But the way to get around it is after you follow all the steps of selecting the pod and then powering it on, make sure whatever screen you have the pod on is you SOI (asterisk "*" symbol on the bottom center of screen) and then you press IFF interogation start/stop keybinding. you should see a grey picture after that, next step is to uncage the TPOD by pressing "cage" on the tpod screen.

That is a different failure, where it gets stuck in the BIT.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the only time this happened to me is when the cartridge is not loaded. click on the cartridge until you see that animation where it's like it's slowly being inserted into the slot (you need to click twice to get that effect, once to place the cartridge in the slot, then once more to fully insert).

then on the dtc screen select all, then ent

if you've done all that and it still doesn't work can you paste a screenshot from stores management and a screenshot from the tgp menu?

the pylon is not damaged i take it?

the only time this happened to me is when the cartridge is not loaded. click on the cartridge until you see that animation where it's like it's slowly being inserted into the slot (you need to click twice to get that effect, once to place the cartridge in the slot, then once more to fully insert).

then on the dtc screen select all, then ent

if you've done all that and it still doesn't work can you paste a screenshot from stores management and a screenshot from the tgp menu?

the pylon is not damaged i take it?

No pylon damage. DTC is loaded. etc.

I'll try to duplicate it and see about getting a trk file/screenshots/etc. I'm sure I'm borking something up somewhere for it to be displaying a no bs fault in the tpod screen.

• 3 weeks later...

You can also manually update the SMS load-out by selecting the SMS page -> Load.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."