Cant dispense flares

Scarecrow84

I can't get my Huey to dispense flares. They show up on my f8 menu as loaded, and I have them armed. I try my mapped button and the default left ctrl +c, and nothing.

I cant get them to show up on the tail at all.

I could almost swear this has been the case for years and would explain why I never learned to use flares in the huey after trying years ago.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Scarecrow84
there is no "dispenser switch", just needs to be armed

• ED Team

Hi

All seems to be working here,

check your loadout, sometimes flares are set to zero

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

You mean my f8>f1 menu? It is set to full (60) flares. I've tried in multiplayer and single player, no luck. They don't show up on the tail. I set the radio to "INT" as well...Also tried repairing DCS.

I could almost swear this has been the case since I started flying the Huey in 2014. I have no idea how this is possible...I will double check.

Thanks Bignewy

Scarecrow

Edited by Scarecrow84
added repairing comment

You mean my f8>f1 menu? It is set to full (60) flares. I've tried in multiplayer and single player, no luck. They don't show up on the tail. I set the radio to "INT" as well...Also tried repairing DCS.

I could almost swear this has been the case since I started flying the Huey in 2014. I have no idea how this is possible...I will double check.

Thanks Bignewy

Scarecrow

Is rearming of weapons working for you? Meaning, if you spawn without weapons and use the f8>f1 menu to equip your Huey with weapons, will they show up?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

if you are still having the issue attach a short track replay I will be happy to take a look

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yes, they will. I can adjust fuel, change skin, everything else.

Thanks

Hmm, that's pretty odd, as the rearming and attaching of the CM dispenser is part of the weapon rearming. I'm afraid only a track will help at this point.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Ok, I will look up how to do that and get back with you guys.

It's quite simple: You start a mission, reproduce the issue, end the mission and click on "Save Track" (or "Save Replay" or something similar) in the mission debriefing screen. You then upload the saved track fiile here.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Ok, so I actually got them to work in single player. I'm really not sure what happened, maybe they weren't loaded in the editor before.

In multiplayer (aerobatics online) I couldn't get them to load this morning at Beslan. I tried while the Huey was running and shut down. I could refuel. I got a "cannot comply" message from ground crew when trying for flares...It seems like what would happen when trying to load weapons in a non combat server, maybe?

I have seen plenty of people use flares in the Huey on that server. Someone today mentioned they have had trouble with it as well.

Thank you

ed: the multiplayer track file is 16 mb, too big to attach...

Scarecrow

Edited by Scarecrow84

That would happen when you try to load weapons on an airbase that doesn't have the weapons you want to load. I'm not very familiar with the aerobatics servers, but AFAIK they have removed all weapons from all airbases except smokepods and fuel tanks. Flares can not be restricted AFAIK.

Having said that, I'm not entirely sure how the ground grew behaves if you ask them to load weapons that are not available at the airbase. IIRC they will respond with "copy" but only load the weapons that are available, so that's probably not the issue in your case. If they respond with "cannot comply" there's a more basic problem.

Have you asked for fuel and flare in the same request or did you do 2 successive requests for each? If the latter, then maybe they were still busy refueling you?

Edit: I gotta say that I'm a bit puzzled by your flare rearming issue, as there is not really much that can go wrong when rearming flares, especially not if you are able to load fuel without any issues. :dunno:

Edit 2: Something else just crossed my mind: Is the ground crew responding with "rearming complete" when they're done? If not, then maybe you're proceding to quickly with startup and takeoff, after requesting to be rearmed, so that the ground crew has not enough time to rearm you with flares.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

Does having the engine running/doors open affect this?

It does indeed and because there are some differences between the various aircraft with this, I'm not entirely sure how it applies to the Huey. What always works is engine off and doors open, but that doesn't seem to be your issue anyways, as the ground crew responds to you and gives you fuel. If they wouldn't hear you neither of that would happen.

Edit: Well, if you request refueling/rearming with doors open and engine off and then start the engine while the ground crew is still busy refueling/rearming you, then that might cancel it. But again I'm not sure if the engine is a factor for the Huey in this regard. It definitely is for some other aircraft.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

Ok, so I actually got them to work in single player. I'm really not sure what happened, maybe they weren't loaded in the editor before.

In multiplayer (aerobatics online) I couldn't get them to load this morning at Beslan. I tried while the Huey was running and shut down. I could refuel. I got a "cannot comply" message from ground crew when trying for flares...It seems like what would happen when trying to load weapons in a non combat server, maybe?

I have seen plenty of people use flares in the Huey on that server. Someone today mentioned they have had trouble with it as well.

Thank you

ed: the multiplayer track file is 16 mb, too big to attach...

Scarecrow

Make sure its a blue base not neutral or all you will get is fuel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

Just in case, you are arming the counter-measures switch with the light coming on, right? (all the way back on center console right side, next to weapons arming). Have you tried the flare dispense button above that panel?

He said the chaff/flare dispenser is not even showing up on his tail, so I don't think it's a switch/button problem.

Make sure its a blue base not neutral or all you will get is fuel

Interesting, I didn't know you can get fuel at neutral airbase. Anyways, he said rearming weapons works for him, so that doesn't seem to be the issue either.

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 month later...

You said in Aerobatics Online right?

I fly there sometimes and i had only a short time period on that server where i would get flares on my huey.

So i´m not sure but maybe its server-sided? Because i flew the huey there in these days and also never got flares. In other servers/SP they are and did always work for me...