Cannot assign Saitek X-52 stick to Su25 trim

Tregarth

I am learning to fly the SU25 but cannot see how to assign the X-rotation button on the Saitek X-52 stick to the plane's elevator trim setting. I have looked in the controls panel but cannot see how to do it.

How can I do this, please?

Thank you,

Tregarth

I used the X-52 for years with DCS...try using the big HAT switch for nose up (Pull Back/Down), nose down (Push Forward/Up), left wing down (Push Left), and right wing down (Push Right). If you are using that for looking around, then get FaceTrackNOIR and a Digital Webcam like I did...love it and still use it today.

http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/home/default.htm

I use the Logitech C270 webcam and have spent a good period testing and adjusting to get perfect settings with a custom LUA that I plug in after each update. I can send you my profile for that head tracking if you need it.

JUICE

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you both for your help. I find the fact the X-52 has limited assignments strange. Both FSX and X-P 10 can link to the X-52 so DCS seem to be going backwards in compatibility. Clearly, DCS is not as good as it claims to be.

I will follow Juice's advice and use the Hat Switch and Track Hat.

Thanks again,

Tregarth

• 4 months later...
I am learning to fly the SU25 but cannot see how to assign the X-rotation button on the Saitek X-52 stick to the plane's elevator trim setting. I have looked in the controls panel but cannot see how to do it.

How can I do this, please?

Thank you,

Tregarth

X and Y rotations are not buttons they are found on axis tab in the dcs menu

but I too use hat switch more control than the slider