What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?

Wags

What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?  

1875 members have voted

1. 1. What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?

• Joint Helmet Mounted Cuing System (JHMCS)
    • ATFLIR Targeting Pod
    • HARM
    • Guided Bombs
    • Automatic Carrier Landing System (ACLS)
    • Air to Surface Radar
    • Data Link (MIDS / Link-16 / IFF)
    • A/A Radar TWS/RAID/AZ EL/LTWS
    • Harpoon
    • SLAM / SLAM-ER

^^^^^^ This times 1000000000! I'm beginning to wonder if many of the Hornet buyers have any Air Superiority in their blood!?

People are probably just excited about having capabilities that don't exist elsewhere in the game. I am too but I also want to have some basic capabilities so we can use the weapons we've already got properly - I'm also not sure why ED announced that their priority was finishing RWS over a month ago (including LTWS) and now seem to be backtracking on that.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the point of this poll, when half of these things depend another option on the list? You can't complete the datalink without completing the A/A Radar and the Tpod. Sure you can datalink friendly positions but your still not anywhere near complete without those being done first, so contacts from those sensors can actually be passed along, and be used to slew your own sensors to them from datalink info.

Your not going to be able to effectively using guided bombs, slammers, harpoons without completing the Tpod, the datalink also not being complete isn't ideal either.

The path to complete is obvious, sensors > above all, because that's the order you need them there's no point in having weapons or data-links without sensors to detect targets.

people dont even know what their missing out on with LTWS, L&S, DT2,TWS, Raid, and Az/El..

Theres so much more capability missing. Right now the radar gives very little SA.. A completed AA radar would give more SA than any other radar in game.

Agree with this millions percents lol. Let ED finish the AA completly then move to the other feature.
Edited by Oceandar

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

i looking forward to being able to play DCS: F/A-18C Hornet with my friends in multiplayer who all bought the DCS: F/A-18C Hornet with having server syncing everything (Because Carrier Ops are currently broken for the DCS: F/A-18C Hornet) and not being kicked/CTDs

but i guess i'm a bit too optimistic

cant wait for A-G weapons and sensors to be added

What is the point of this poll, when half of these things depend another option on the list? You can't complete the datalink without completing the A/A Radar and the Tpod. Sure you can datalink friendly positions but your still not anywhere near complete without those being done first, so contacts from those sensors can actually be passed along, and be used to slew your own sensors to them from datalink info.

Your not going to be able to effectively using guided bombs, slammers, harpoons without completing the Tpod, the datalink also not being complete isn't ideal either.

The path to complete is obvious, sensors > above all, because that's the order you need them there's no point in having weapons or data-links without sensors to detect targets.

It seems that slammers and harpoons can use GPS (pre-programmed coordinates) to acquire and destroy targets without the aid of a Tpod or A/G radar. I still would love to see the A/G radar technology be implemented ASAP if possible though.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

It seems that slammers and harpoons can use GPS (pre-programmed coordinates) to acquire and destroy targets without the aid of a Tpod or A/G radar. I still would love to see the A/G radar technology be implemented ASAP if possible though.

I did say effectively, what your suggesting would limit is exclusively to hard-coded static targets, that doesn't really allow for much flexibility, doesn't allow it be used to full effect.

i looking forward to being able to play DCS: F/A-18C Hornet with my friends in multiplayer who all bought the DCS: F/A-18C Hornet with having server syncing everything (Because Carrier Ops are currently broken for the DCS: F/A-18C Hornet) and not being kicked/CTDs

This +1! Also we need iff that works properly if you play online current iteration isn't stable and causes many friendly fire incidents as it randomly changes its mind on what is a friend or foe.

If this falls under A/A radar etc thats up to you but having radar contacts that dont tell you type or IFF makes it very worthless in A/A.

Rig: 5960X @ 4.5GHZ 32GB 3000Mhz DDR4 Titan XP Dell 3415W 21:9 Thrustmaster Warthog

Exactly, the 104th has had to disable Carrier Ops and DDCS has had to remove the Hornet entirely due to issues with the Hornet in MP. This bug with the LAU-127 for example crashes servers often: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218255

I'm most excited for LTWS to be implemented and STT to not drop locks when rolling. After that HARM.

All I'm looking forward to is the Mavs & Targeting Pod. Since mavs wasnt an option, I voted for pod.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

...New features are of course in parallel with improving and correcting existing systems. There has to be a balance of the two.

Can't get no plainer than this.

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

New features are of course in parallel with improving and correcting existing systems. There has to be a balance of the two.

Can't get no plainer than this.

AGREED!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

ATFLIR Targeting Pod and HARM's for sure. Making those pesky ground targets easier to find and easier to hit AA.

FC3 | A-10C | AV-8B N/A | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-16CM | P-51D | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV

Persian Gulf | Normandy | WWII Assets | Combined Arms

Specs: Intel i7 6700K OC, Geforce GTX 1060 OC, 16GB RAM, ASRock Z170 Pro4, HDD + SSD, Thrustmaster T.16000m FCS HOTAS,Oculus Rift CV1, TrackIR 5 (With LukeClip)

Wishlist: F-111G Aardvark | AH-64D/E Apache | UH-60 Blackhawk | F-4E Phantom II

Not Likely: F/A-18F Super Hornet

Unit: 85th Squadron [borderline Tactical]

https://discord.gg/e5hDyjA

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

gotta admit... with ED putting sooooo much work in to the A-G radar (HOW LONG has it been the reason the hornet was delayed??), i'm super curious how its going to look

all the features listed are amazing in their own right

talk about an electric jet!

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I chose the ATFLIR because I could only choose one. However, from a prioritization standpoint I get that the ATFLIR will be ready when it is ready. The other thing that would greatly help our SA would be Link 16. Having datalink would greatly make up for the current shortcomings in the radar and IFF, and depending on how it is implemented could also help us visually acquire ground targets until we can get our own sensors.