Mission Editor Frezze

Edo

Hi everyone

I have a problem with dcs mission editor.

Because i can only use it for a minute then the game frezee.

I have already reinstalled all already and the problem seem not solved.

if there is anyone who can give me advice to solve it, I will be glade.

Thanks and Happy Flying.

I have DCS 2.5.2

With KA 50 , M2000C and Flamming Cliffs 3

:helpsmilie:

I recently had a lot of trouble with DCS 2.5.2 crashing in ME and also during missions.

Here's what I did to solve the problem once and for all:

1- I repaired my Windows 10 installation by running the following commands in cmd (admin)

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

...and:

sfc /scannow

2- I removed all antivirus/antispyware software from my system and made sure that my windows user account had full permissions on DCS folders.

3- I had to wipe (secure erase) my OCZ Vector SSD (where DCS was installed).

I also performed a firmware reflash of my SSD, just in case.

Turns out that the NTFS partition that it contained was causing trouble, so every time I downloaded and installed DCS files, they were getting corrupted, which led to DCS not working properly.

This problem wasn't solved by formatting the existing NTFS partition, the SSD had to be wiped clean.

So after the wipe and firmware reflash, I created a brand new NTFS partition in my SSD (3GB short of total capacity this time).

Then I performed a clean install of DCS 2.5.2 open beta in that SSD, I've had no more problems since.

Summarizing:

1- Uninstall any antivirus/antispyware software (exclusion lists might not be enough)

2- Make sure that your OS has no errors, file corruption, etc. If it does, repair it

3- Perform a clean reinstall of DCS

4- If problems persist, wipe the drive you are installing DCS on (reflash the drive's firmware if you feel like it) and create brand new partitions (with a bit of space to spare)

5- Perform another clean reinstall of DCS, it should work.

If it still doesn't work, provide PC specs (CPU, Motherboard, RAM, HDD and SSD if you have one)

Edited by Hardcard