ACM 4 vs 4 instant action

Shibbyland

Ok so I've tried everything. Multiple counter measure profiles. I've tried going high, I've tried going low, I've tried using wingmen as bait, I've tried following wingmen, and I've tried going head on. I've tried firing sparrows at them to try get them just to turn away so I can get in a bit closer. Nothing works.

The after action report is always the same, the Russian aircraft fire between 15-21 missiles whilst my own wingmen fire only a couple. I can dodge a lot of them but not all. We are all shot down almost immediately. I occasionally manage to shoot one Mig down but to do that I have to burn off so much energy and use all my countermeasures.

What am I missing? How are other people managing to beat this scenario?

It's not an easy mission especially with Aim-7s. Try locking each target on radar and assigning a wingman to engage each one. Pick a left or rightmost target for yourself. Use F pole and notch manoeuvres to evade. I always end up on the deck in this one as at least I have ground cover and the fight is more 2D. Disengaging and re-engaging is a valid tactic (unless you are outnumbered then run away bravely). Good luck.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Imho trying anything more than 2v2 with the AI as a wingman is rather annoying and inappropriate. You can't really employ any decent tactics with him or have any proper communication or idea what he is going to do or who he is engaging. Even 2v2 is too much for him. You can still win such battles but it is not really useful for properly learning a2a tactics.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't find this one too bad - I just send the AI in 'Engage Bandits' right at the start and they almost always now fire first. I'll usually lob an AIM7M in LOFT mode then crank out right. Invariably misses but then ACM with AIM7s I can often get one, maybe even two before the merge.

Whether all my AI wingmen survive is simply dependant on luck.

Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | Gigabyte X570-Aorus Ultra | Gigabyte GeForce 4090 | Samsung C34F791 | Varjo Aero | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | too many flight controllers...

1. Open the mission in the mission editor and change the weapon loadout to 10 aim-120s

2. Let them loose.

3. Profit.

Sounds like you learned from Capt Kirk with the Kobayashi Maru! Lol - smart choice.:music_whistling:

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64