• AH-1W Super Cobra
    • AH-64A Apache
    • AH-64D Longbow
    • Eurocopter Tiger
    • Mi-24 Hind
    • Mi-28 Havok
    • Rooivalk
    • Other

many fans here seem to be on the fixed wing side. i see that there are many helicopter fans here, but no poll for helis. so, here it is. i listed those that are full-time combat birds.

i would like to see an Apache or Longbow, but also like the idea of a Mangusta or Tiger.

thanks for coming...

*edit: you can vote for more than one.

Edited by Debio
  • Like 1

I voted for the "A" model Apache because, as someone said "somewhere else" (probably in this forum), the D model's Longbow stuff is classified and past a certain point all would be guesswork. I'd rather have a very accurate A model than a less-so D model.

At least, I think that's what I want. Part of me thinks that if the D model "study" largely emulated LB2's Longbow functionality, I'd be a very happy camper... But the main part of me (I think) wants accuracy.

8^)

Dave.

Hind because of its unique troop transpo and CAS roles. There are also a plethora of exported variants so source material regarding avionics and systems is readily available.

Rig Specs: AMD FX-60 @ 2.6ghz - DFI Lanparty SLI UT - 4gb Mushkin Redline Ram - WD Raptor 300gb HDD - EVGA 260GTX 940mb - SoundBlaster something Live:P - Samsung 20.1" Syncmaster 204B (Camera) and Shuttle 17" xp17 (Abris & Shkval)

Flight Controls: Franken Force CH 568/Logitech Wingman Force 3D Hybrid - CH Pro Throttle - Logitech Momo Wheel Conversion to FFB pedals - Belkin N52

SH-60 please

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Ever since I've played Hind from DI I've been itching for a true to life simulation. With all the avionics data readily available, (probable) lack of any classified systems, battle locations such as Afghanistan, the Ogden War, Cambodian-Vietnamese Conflict, Libya-Chad War, Iran-Iraq War, the various Balkans Wars, Russian Peacekeepers and South African mercenaries in Sierra Leon among other wars.

I'm all for a down and dirty guerrilla war near the Khyber Pass :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Later done the line I wouldn't mind a Huey once we have some attack helicopters for support in multiplayer. Missions to sling load some artillary/vehicles or drop off then pickup troops off without getting blown out of the sky.

Machine guns out the doors blasting down a river at 10 foot would also be cool.

I think i'm the only one who doesn't care about 100% accuracy when it comes to the longbow :music_whistling:

Give me a friggin working radar system :D

I miss popping up - scanning - hiding - classifying and then launching a ripple of hellfires!!!!

My vote was for the ah64d if you didn't guess:P

AH-64D LONGBOW all the way... I'm glad everyone else is with me! Blaze has it right.

Modeling similar to LB2 would be really set me into a buying frenzey... I'm afraid I'd be sheerly disappointed if they didn't:(

My Second choice would be the one listed below.

Check out these Models as soon as I saw this I gasped It looks so pretty! Add rockets an something to shoot an this would be sweet! Maybe you guys can ask this guy to use parts of this model? or make a cooler one! You'd have a huge headstart! Or I have no idea what i'm talking about just ignore me a look at the pretty pictures. I know the cockpit looks a bit sad but its a start lol.

http://secure.simmarket.com/perfect-flight-ah-1z-king-cobra.phtml

http://flyawaysimulation.com/article214.html

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

Whilst I too would love to see something like the Longbow, it's actually mind boggling how complex this thing is, and even more so to simulate an AI front/backseater. I can see why ED chose to simulate a single seater attack helicopter, a very wise choice.

For those who want to get a clue just how demanding operating a Longbow Apache is, and how much crew co-ordination is required, read the recently released 'Apache' by Ed Macy, detailing the Royal Army Air Corp (something like that!) involvement in the Helmand province in Afghanistan. Frankly, I don't think a fully realistic representation of what this helicopter can do is possible on todays PC's, let alone a plausible CPG representation, where the dismal levels of even the best AI would really show up.

The book is a good read (obviously they deal with the Westland Apache AH Mk1, the British version, but the concepts are the same), and the part dealing with the evacuation of Royal Marine Mathew Ford makes for very exciting reading. Worthwhile.

My point then, is rather go for the A model Apache, rather than the latest and greatest Longbow version, there's a much better chance of getting something a little closer to reality.

^^^

Ed Macy's book is the first one in a while I didn't put down from start to finish. I'll have a go at recreating some of those missions when I get the time.

Reading Apache Dawn at the moment, carries on with another squadron after MrM's left. More very interesting reading

The bell 412 is a utility chopper that i could only see as AI chopper and this poll is for client side chopper. I vote for A model for same reason a lot of the info is classified. But the longbow radar would still be nice to have.

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Despite of what the most of you guys want, I think adding utility chopper like the UH-60 or Bell 412 and doing CSAR missions would add a whole new dimension to DCS. In that way we will satisfy people who have passion for aviation rather than blowing up stuff.

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H