FPS Tweaks/MODs

A.S

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Triple buffering is for OpenGL though

Only if you set it via nVidia or ATI panels. That's the very reason that D3D Overrider was born. It allows triple buffer in DX.

"Triple buffering in drivers is only available for OpenGL. The D3D overrider is for forcing triple buffering in all direct3D games, by making a direct call on the api itself. This in turn prevents tearing on games when synced to your monitor refresh rate, very important if you use a TFT as they use a low refresh rate, as well as prone to tearing." excerpt from http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=208499

"Bottom line , is that it keeps your frames from really bottoming out when V-synch is on."

If you don't use vsync, I guess you'll see no difference.

This is my computer:

Pentium IV 3.0GHZ

1'5GB DDRII 433

6600 Go 128 MB

What of all this tweaks do you recomend me? Most of them are for better computers than mine.

Thanks!!

Hi

Outch !!

Maxi Tweak :cry:

1/Options in FC2 : all in low

2/ Manual edit in options.lua .......\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\BlackShark\data\scripts\

["graphics"] =

{

["multiMonitorSetup"] = "1camera",

["color"] = "32",

["heatBlr"] = 1,

["scenes"] = "high",

["water"] = 0,

["fullScreen"] = true,

["visibRange"] = "High",

["aspect"] = 1.6,

["textures"] = 2,

["shadows"] = 2,

["effects"] = 0,

["width"] = 1680,

["lights"] = 2,

["height"] = 1050,

["civTraffic"] = 0,

["resolution"] = "1680x1050",

["haze"] = 0,

}, -- end of ["graphics"]

Only change text manualy in Red

Other setting it's for my config don't edit in your options.lua ;)

Ps: Sorry for my poor english

:)

Edited by Marc"Phoenix"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

History of the Black Shark 1, 2

Le sort du Requin Noir: 1, 2, 3.

Magarcan,

You might want to drop textures and such down as well - note that your GPU has half the memory of the minimum system requirements, and your system RAM is also below the minimum requirements.

To be quite honest, I'd be slightly amazed if anything would give you "playable" framerates...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Thank you very much!!!

I've been trying some A.S's settings and I can play well, problem comes when I try to fly with A-10 at low level there are so vehicles, buildings and FPS comes down, but fly with F-15, MIG... :thumbup:

That does this settings do???

["graphics"] =

{

["multiMonitorSetup"] = "1camera",

["color"] = "32",

["heatBlr"] = 0,

["scenes"] = "low",

["water"] = 1,

["fullScreen"] = true,

["visibRange"] = "Low",

["aspect"] = 1.7777777777778,

["textures"] = 1,

["shadows"] = 0,

["effects"] = 1,

["width"] = 1920,

["lights"] = 2,

["height"] = 1080,

["civTraffic"] = 0,

["resolution"] = "1920x1080",

["haze"] = 1,

}, -- end of ["graphics"]

I put this to 800x600 and I got more FPS, but it looks like this:

f06.jpg

Hi people,

Perhaps some of you may have heard about D3D Overrider, a little tool that comes with RivaTuner. It is capable of activating triple buffering for DX games (nvidia and ATI panels only do this for OpenGL games).

Well, for me, this little gem is responsible for 10~15 fps gain!!

Right now, I'm running a Q6600 @ 3Ghz on an old D975XBX "badaxe", WinXp 3Gb RAM, 9800GTX+ 512Mb, driver 197.13, everything on high (except shadows that I keep at all planar), blur on, traffic on, vsync on, forcing 4xS combined AA and 16xAF thru nHancer, and I'm having 40+ ~ 50+ fps 90% of the time, and during hot combat over cities dropping around 30+ fps. The mission that I use for benchmark is the "visit to port".

I was about to purchase a new card (5850 1Gb), but now I'm happy! :)

Hope this helps someone else. :pilotfly:

Cheers

JoKeR

Hi, this is it ?

overr.jpg

must activated ?

My version is a little different (came with "RivaTuner 2.24 MSI Master Overclocking Area 2009 edition"), but I think it must have the same behavior. And yes, it must be active during play. You don't need to create a special profile though, just use the "Global" like shown.

D3Doverrider.jpg.ab64672bb15e9b18173a452f21857230.jpg

Edited by joker68

Visi, Yes, that is the version that I've been using (as I don't really use RivaTuner) but I did find that "global" settings were causing conflicts with other programs.

Also, I'm pretty sure that "simulator.exe" is the application that you want to create a profile for. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think that "Launcher.exe" is the OpenGL menu and mission editor part.

TWO ABSOLUTE MUST FPS TWEAKS!!!!!

My oh my! I tried out A.S's new graphics.cfg settings and it works INCREDIBLY! My first impressions of FC 2.0 were terrible! My game looked so poor and was so choppy and stuttering when I first loaded it that I actually uninstalled the game. I loaded A.S's settings (on post #86 I think of this thread) plus changed the CloudAspectThreshold from 0.03 to 1.0 in GameDir\Config\graphics.cfg per Sisifos' suggestion. Now 2.0 looks incredibly more realistic and performs 50% better on my system. If anyone is having poor looks and performance on FC 2.0, I highly recommend these two tweaks! These should've been the settings right out of "the box."

Thanks A.S and Sisifos.........and ED!

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

I got about 25/30 fps constant, except when I put the AGM-65 Maverick, that frames fall around 10 FPS. I've realized that occurs sometimes and wanted to ask if what the TV screen displays can be configured with either MOD or configuration files.

Any idea?

A greeting and thanks in advance.

I got about 25/30 fps constant, except when I put the AGM-65 Maverick, that frames fall around 10 FPS. I've realized that occurs sometimes and wanted to ask if what the TV screen displays can be configured with either MOD or configuration files.

Any idea?

A greeting and thanks in advance.

Not possible to tweak this. There have been many complains about this on the forum. Rumours say that ED will work on some sort of fix in the upcoming patch for FC2.

Read more about it here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=53307&highlight=fps+tv

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not possible to tweak this. There have been many complains about this on the forum. Rumours say that ED will work on some sort of fix in the upcoming patch for FC2.

Read more about it here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=53307&highlight=fps+tv

I noticed this new section in graphics.cfg after applying patch 1.2.1...

MFD_render_params

{

two_pass_always = true;

dist_multiplier_fov_base = 0.3;

second_pass_start_fov = 0.1;

second_pass_far_clip = 100;

single_pass_near_clip = 10;

}

/KC

Hello,

I also like very much those atmospheric improvements but I have one question regarding "integrity check" on same servers. Can this changes in conf.ini make the problem with connection ?

[sIGPIC]D:\avioni\razno\potpis 1 orao.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Good for you, so could i, but some of us like to use v-sync and FPS cap :)

I other terms your out over nowhere, no buildings, no trees, no any thing. At altitude.

So what does it show ??

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

Hi everyone! I need some of your help. I'm running FC 2 on old hardware, but using some tweaks it goes well.

In this picture I gets about 35fps:

ScreenShot_010.jpg

But in this case I gets 9fps:

ScreenShot_029.jpg

As you can see main difference between this two pictures are clouds. Any idea about fix it? Thank you very much!!

Download overcast mod available at lockonfiles.com :) It helps a lot.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I other terms your out over nowhere, no buildings, no trees, no any thing. At altitude.

So what does it show ??

The settings that AS are perfect for jet flying. Better textures in the distance, and fewer objects near you. For that purpose, very good job by the way.:thumbup:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

I started using the low scene file and it boosted my FPS from 25 to ~50. And the most important thing is when you are flying you wont pay much attention to ground object so I guess less trees and less structures will be OK for me I guess.

Hi everyone! I need some of your help. I'm running FC 2 on old hardware, but using some tweaks it goes well.

In this picture I gets about 35fps:

But in this case I gets 9fps:

ScreenShot_029.jpg

As you can see main difference between this two pictures are clouds. Any idea about fix it? Thank you very much!!

Is the mod exist for FC2.0???:huh:

anyone has an tweek help for the last updated version,..i am not sure if it s still good to edit, modellod.txt and grafics.lua..

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]