FPS Tweaks/MODs

A.S

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One core does most of the work with sound offloaded to the second core AFAIK. I expect that as DCS becomes inherently multithreaded we will see significant fps boosts around airdromes and the like. I think that's what EDGE/nevada seeks to do but don't quote me on that.

• 1 month later...
Anyone know why I might not be getting more than 30 frames on this system with everything set to low and vzync etc turned off? Using 47" led as main & 23" acer TS. Both set at 1920x1080

I7-2600 / 16gb DDR3 SDRam / AMD Radeon HD 6770

GPU probably. I'm on i5-2500K @ 4Ghz with 5770 (99.99% same as 6770) and I have similar issues.

Why not try post (both of you) here http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=46 and / or here : http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=188, maybe better place to increase chances to receive more input (i am interested always in any info regarding performance with ED titles). With low settings i think your systems with your GPUs included should maybe perform somehow better. Just a suspicion as i don't know much though. What is Softh ?

Edited by Squid

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
A lot of the mods posted here seem to be pretty old. Does anyone know of they would work for DCS World 1.2.4, i'm curious about the A-10c in particular.

This topic was started on March 27, 2010. I would like an answer to this question as well, with respect to DCSW A-10C anno 2013.

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

This topic was started on March 27, 2010. I would like an answer to this question as well, with respect to DCSW A-10C anno 2013.

Alot of the mod's were for " Lock On Modern Air Combat " series then progressed to FC1/2/3, but as for DCS-World 2013 I am not quite sure they would work...any mod past a year or two will unlikely work in DCS-World..:thumbup:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Thanks for the answer.

After I posted earlier today I spend a few hours of research on up-to-date tweaks and whatnot.

At least my own conclusion is that quite a lot has been moved/altered since the creation of this thread and is therefore obsolete. No offense to the authors in this thread, I'm sure they did their best helping the community back in the days when this topic was composed!

For more up-to-date information, please refer to:

June 1, 2013 Performance Guide For DCS World by TZeer

October 12, 2012 Bad FPS? Give these a try by msalama

July 29, 2013 Bad FPS? Give these a try, pt. II by msalama

Part I describes a lot of actual tweaks.

Part II describes these same tweaks, their revisions, and a wrap-up in premade files so you don't have to do it yourself.

Perhaps links to these topics should be put in the opening post of this thread for easy referencing?

Edited by JayPee

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

• 1 year later...

Hi my contribution to FPS tweaks. It is for people which prefer performance over eyecandy or for those with no latest pc

I did 2 things:

replaced hi-res model with lower resolution - not bigger than 7MB. In most cases is different between hi-res and lower-res hardly noticeable.

fixed LOD settings. Current situation in DCS is, for example one plane is drawn up 5km and then nothing, another one is drawn up to 50km etc. I changed that in following way:

first nr is LOD up to in km, second nr is Green box = ld_tec.edm up to in km

airplane 10.0 20.0 big airplane 10.0 30.0 airplane damaged parts 1.0 xxx helo 10.0 15.0 big helo 10.0 20.0 missile 5.0 xxx big missile 5.0 10.0 ground unit 5.0 15.0 infantry ground unit 1.5 xxx ship 10.0 20.0 big ship 15.0 30.0

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B16moVcixYc6TE9UZGZoZ1o1OVU/view?usp=sharing

installation: replace files in Bazar/World/Shapes folder

uninstalation: via repair or back up original files

Seems it works without flaws, i have only FC3 and Mig, so can not guarrantee there are no negative effects while looking from cockpit of A-10C etc.

Any feedback welcome.

Edited by c84