So is it worth $50?

DaveRindner

Well after all this positive feddback and seeing the large ammount of MP servers on the list , Im definately thinking of buying this Map.

Can anyone pls tell me the actual DL size of the PG map ?

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

My PG map folder reads 22,3 GB after unpacking. I believe download is 12 gb. Have fun on this great map! Dont listen to the vinegar pissers :)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I run PG with 8GB DDR3, fairly light single player missions but I usually empty the tanks in the hornet and haven't crashed once since getting both modules.

PG + F18 Runs brilliantly on my system, obviously over the larger cities frames will drop a bit, but still smooth and no stutter, perfect for low flying at high speeds.

I had regular crashing on DCS 2.5 when switching from AMD to Nvidia a few months ago however using a driver wipe utility and a clean re-install of drivers, the crashes ceased.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

U28D590 @ 3840x2160 | 4670k 4.5 | Strix 1080 8GB | 8GB DDR3 1600 | 2TB SSHD + 3 x 240GB SSD | Saitek X56

So is it worth $50? In its current state.

Only one way to answer that. In my opinion, Hell Yes.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

The map is excellent in my personal opinion. Performance is impressive given the level of detail in large cities, and in particular given the map is so newly released.

Is it worth $50? Worth can only be a subjective decision. For me it's absolutely been worth it. I've had great fun just flying around on sight seeing tours, never mind bombing stuff & shooting stuff down. I can imagine piles of different operations that can be concocted in this area: everything from COIN, large scale fleet engagements to huge international conflicts so quite apart from MP servers I expect it to be one of the most popular maps for single player missions well in to the future.

I think ED did an excellent job with the Persian Gulf :thumbup:

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

3. Some repetitive patterns in the secondary – sub-urban structures. In other words there are sections that look like copy/paste. I assume it’s going to be addressed with future updates.

You know, I thought that too for the first few days. The rural farms and settlements looked super repetitive and pattern-y. Then I looked at those areas on google maps and holy shit! That's exactly what they look like! Perfect rectangles in vast seas of beige, and inside those rectangles are a bunch of identical repeating farms and structures. It looks like someone copy/pasted the google satellite imagery!

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...