Ka-50 cockpit too dark in 2.2, autopilot/weapon system lights almost unusable

Greetings,

In DCS 2.2 all the other modules are great, but in the Ka-50 the cockpit textures are very dark. As mentioned, it's nearly impossible for me to tell what my weapons system or autopilot modes are set to because the blue lights are nearly completely obscured.

Any suggestions? I'd rather not mess with monitor settings or the Gamma setting in the sim. Is there a texture mod I can install that will make it easier to see everything in the 'pit, especially those blue buttons?

Thanks

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

As well as the pit being too dark I'm getting a completely black shkval screen.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

As well as the pit being too dark I'm getting a completely black shkval screen.

Really? I've never had that problem, maybe you should try deactivating the module, and uninstall it. Then wipe out any traces of it in the game directory and Windows registry, then re-install and reactivate it.

See if that works.

Ka-50 is a great module, I wish they'd fix all the bugs! I guess they're still working on 2.5, and frankly, for now, I'd prefer that! :)

Peace

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

This can happen if you change anti-aliasing settings in the options screen - if you restart DCS it should sort itself out.

Roger, will give that a go; think I did reduce AA as I've now switched to PBR. Thanks.

Edit: that was indeed the issue, all good now.

Edited by Tone71

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Had the same issue,I had to turn off deferred shading and went back to MSAA8x ASf16x and full shadows, now the AP is clearly visible again with "light blue" and "dark blue" buttons.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Same here, deferred lighting hasn't worked properly in the Ka-50 since it came out. There are several issues including the already-mentioned ones:

1. The cockpit is too dark. The Nevada desert at noon is incredibly bright, but the cockpit looks like it's night time.

2. The Abris and HUD look like they have a glow effect applied.

3. All LED numbers have a glow effect around the digits and changes their color slightly. The red numbers on the PVI-800 look slightly off-red, and the VFD digits for the cannon ammo count are slightly more blue-ish.

4. The anti-collision beacon shines through the aircraft and illuminates things within the cockpit that it shouldn't be able to.

5. All LED buttons are nearly unusable because you can barely tell the difference between the on and off states. In some cases, the off state looks brighter than the on state.

6. The cockpit light on the back left panel puts out so little light that it's near useless. Normally you can turn it on at night so you can get the aircraft started, but with deferred shading on, it puts out less light than a tealight.

7. The night vision light that normally displays a blue-ish light throughout the cockpit does almost nothing, like the cockpit light above.

8. The instrument backlight's brightness cannot be fine-tuned with the brightness dials. It seems to only have 2 settings despite being a rotatable dial: full bright and off.

Given these issues, I'm also playing with deferred shading off until they're fixed. Hopefully in 2.5?

Thanks everyone for replying! I guess I'll have to see what 2.5 brings to the table. It oughta be good, but I'm willing to bet it'll be an Open Alpha for a couple years... Oh well, so be it.

2.2 was a fantastic update, almost like a whole new sim in some regards. ED (and 3rd party devs) have kept bringing us great modules over the years, but it seems to me that when 2.5 comes out, it's time to stop putting so much time and effort into new aircraft modules, and start really polishing the content that's already here. The Ka-50 would be a great place to start. I'd love to just be able to fly what's already here, without so many rough edges.

(Don't get me wrong, I'd still love a PFM for the MiG-29!)

Peace and happy warfare

AD

Kit:

I suggest try out this one. I use it and are very pleased with it

DCS: Black Shark 2 Ricardo's HD Blue Cockpit

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1766778/

Sounds like a plan, Imma try it out now :)

Peace

AD

Kit:

Well... There are a lot of skins and cockpits out there... As mentioned above I suggest ricardo's HD ones. They're quite nice :).

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

It is time to have renewed exterior and interior graphics of Ka-50. Almost 10 years since it came out but there have been no serious visual updates...Please ED!

The exterior model and liveries are great! I wouldn't touch them. They're already top-tier.

It's the interior that sucks... You can't see jack in 2.2... I tried the Blue cockpit mod, and while it looks nice, you still can't see anything.

The HUD is hard to read too, even with the brightness knob turned up all the way.

I guess we'll just have to wait it out.

Kit:

The exterior model and liveries are great! I wouldn't touch them. They're already top-tier.

It's the interior that sucks... You can't see jack in 2.2... I tried the Blue cockpit mod, and while it looks nice, you still can't see anything.

The HUD is hard to read too, even with the brightness knob turned up all the way.

I guess we'll just have to wait it out.

I wonder why you can´t see anything with the blue cockpit. To me all the knots was shown pretty clear. Before I cut mot see the Roter brake, but now I can see it pretty clear.

Have you tried to play around a bit with you lights and contrast colors ect?

I hope you find a way that can solve your problem

Intel I7 4770K, Evga 1080 FE, win10 64Pro, 32GB ram, TracIR 5, Hotas Warthog, MFD Cougar x2, MFG Crosswind

and start really polishing the content that's already here.

+1

Too many loose ends hanging still, but I'm sure this will be addressed in due time. Patience is a virtue ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

+1

Too many loose ends hanging still, but I'm sure this will be addressed in due time. Patience is a virtue ;)

"Patience" implies "choice" :)

I'd prefer to fix all the dang stuttering, but hey, a usable Ka-50 pit would be nice too.

AD

Kit:

• 6 months later...

To highlight just how great the Ka-50 is to fly in DCS World 2.5, we’ve created an updated trailer video. Later this year, we’ll also be updating the Ka-50 cockpit (and A-10C!) to use our very latest graphic technologies.

comming soon...

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

Go back to DCS 1.5 everything works there, including the datalink and NDB auto beacons, button lights, wingmen commands etc

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Romiko Derbynew

---------------------------------------------------------------

Intel® Core i5-9600K CPU @ 4.8GHz

Corsair Vengeance XMP 32GB - CMW32GX4M4C3000C15

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Gamzing Z 8GB

MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC Motherboard

NZXT H500 Case

EVGA 650W P2 Power Supply

NH U12S CPU Cooler - 2 fans

2 Inlet fans - Noctua

2 outlet fans - Noctua