Operation Snowfox - Persian Gulf PvE Playground - Page 20 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-28-2019, 06:10 PM   #191
Bagpipe

So with snowfox persistance, Is the mission you were on previously supposed to persist into the next game or is it just the entities? Just curious as i have got the lua files showing persistance being written but when i went back to the AO (snowfox) i didn't have the previous mission i was in the middle of.
If there were a way to allow that it would be even better although right now i am having a great time with it.

Good job

ROG Strix B450F, Ryzen 3700x, RTX 2070Super, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, SSD, T-Master HOTAS
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6-..._as=subscriber
https://twitter.com/BagpipeFlying
Bagpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 08:28 PM   #192
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvK View Post
I would be. I know the F-86 doesn’t have a big following, but those of us that have it would be interested I think.

Curious how/if you would implement Sams. Seeing as there are no countermeasures, would it be mostly dogfights, or ground attacks?
No SAMs, although I might use Flak from the WW2 assets ... not sure yet. Yes it's mostly going to be ground attack and dogfighting around the fake Yalu river The dogfighting part is already functional, just have to 'tune' it in so to speak. Turned out running into flights of 3x MiG-15's when you are on your own in Sabre is beyond my abilities

Last edited by Surrexen; 10-28-2019 at 08:39 PM.
Surrexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 08:30 PM   #193
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpipe View Post
So with snowfox persistance, Is the mission you were on previously supposed to persist into the next game or is it just the entities? Just curious as i have got the lua files showing persistance being written but when i went back to the AO (snowfox) i didn't have the previous mission i was in the middle of.
If there were a way to allow that it would be even better although right now i am having a great time with it.

Good job
Only the units and statics will be persistent at the moment. I have considered making the mission number itself persistent as well, but was going to look into that when the Syria map comes out (if it ever comes out ... waiting is painful). You could use the skip mission from the radio menu and try your luck on re-rolling the one you were on before, although with a total of 120 missions to pick from ...

Last edited by Surrexen; 10-28-2019 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-28-2019, 09:08 PM   #194
Bagpipe

I did consider doing that. Didnt realise their were quite as many so jyst as well i mever lol. not to worry

ROG Strix B450F, Ryzen 3700x, RTX 2070Super, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, SSD, T-Master HOTAS
Old 10-29-2019, 04:51 PM   #195
Digitalvole

Apologise if this has been asked already, but is it possible to do missions with a wingman in sp? Can I add one in the ME? I’m sure they will end up ejecting because of poor fuel management, but the extra bombs/missiles would be helpful
Digitalvole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 08:36 PM   #196
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalvole View Post
Apologise if this has been asked already, but is it possible to do missions with a wingman in sp? Can I add one in the ME? I’m sure they will end up ejecting because of poor fuel management, but the extra bombs/missiles would be helpful
You can add one for sure but if I remember right then they will not respawn if the same client slot is used a second time. Feel free to test. It may be beneficial to create a reserve flight that also has a wingman?
Old 10-29-2019, 11:58 PM   #197
Bagpipe

Can you advise how to do this? I will need to add wingmen for sure to OP Jupiter

Old 10-30-2019, 10:46 PM   #198
3mta3

Really like this mission.

I've been having trouble with the AI support flights. They all get balled up trying to land/Depart Khasab so I can't get new support flights for a different area. Maybe have the support flights RTB somewhere with more runways.

Also the ships around Havadarya, they seem to not be persistent? I destroyed them, and when I restarted the mission they were back again.

Is there a way to dial back the A to A threats a little bit? Thanks again. Love the mission.
MSI GTX 1070
32gb DDR4
500gb EVO 850 SSD DCS
500gb EVO 960 NVMe SSD Windows
3mta3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 12:21 AM   #199
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mta3 View Post
Really like this mission.

I've been having trouble with the AI support flights. They all get balled up trying to land/Depart Khasab so I can't get new support flights for a different area. Maybe have the support flights RTB somewhere with more runways.

Also the ships around Havadarya, they seem to not be persistent? I destroyed them, and when I restarted the mission they were back again.

Is there a way to dial back the A to A threats a little bit? Thanks again. Love the mission.

Ships at Havararya should be persistent, worked last time I looked ... I will check it. Are you running the mission set to single player or multiplayer mode? Khasab gets busy when all flights come back to land, sometimes it will take a while for all flights to get their landing clearance.

Basically no I won't be reducing the air defences, the air defences are set as real-world as possible (same with Operation Clear Field) with the exception of the SA-11 site at Bandar Lengeh. Also waiting to be able to convert the SA-10 at Bandar Abbas to an SA-5 whenever the SA-5 gets released. This was one of the major reasons for implementing persistence in the first place so that progress on breaking down those defences would not be lost between play sessions.

Edit: I can confirm persistence for ships is working, take a look at your SnowfoxUnitInterment.lua file and see if the destroyed ships are listed in the file. If they are not in there, then the file must not have permissions to save.

Last edited by Surrexen; 10-31-2019 at 01:27 AM.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:37 AM   #200
Domestos

I too am enjoying this mission. I would love a F-86 or Mig-15 version.
Domestos is offline   Reply With Quote