Operation Snowfox - Persian Gulf PvE Playground

Windows permissions. Try running DCS as an admin. Those 2 files should be getting updated every 2.5 minutes if everything works.

I see that they are being modified indeed (i have them opened with notepad++ and it tells me that are been updated by an external program) just they are still empty.

I have tried to run the server as an admin also, but no change.

I change the permissions to those to files so that everyone can RW.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

You will need to wait to see what is coming next.

ohhh, that sound promising :thumbup:

I'll wait patiently :D

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

flyinj23

open the mission in me and change the multiplayer flag value from 0 to 1 (or vice-versa) :thumbup:

Where is that flag set? I've been poking around the ME and I can't seem to find it... it doesn't appear to be under "mission options".

It's in the mission triggers list.

EDIT Got it: 4 Mission Start (Game Mode) set to 1.

What is the difference between single and multiplayer?

Apparently I've been playing multiplayer this whole time and it seemed to work fine...

Sorry for all the questions. I've had DCS since A10 released 10 years ago. I played through the campaign then put it down waiting for Eagle to make a dynamic campaign engine.

Decided to poke around the forums and saw several user created dynamic campaigns and started playing again a few weeks ago. Really new to all the mission editor stuff.

Edited by flyinj23

I see that they are being modified indeed (i have them opened with notepad++ and it tells me that are been updated by an external program) just they are still empty.

I have tried to run the server as an admin also, but no change.

I change the permissions to those to files so that everyone can RW.

Sorry to bump...but any idea on this?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

EDIT Got it: 4 Mission Start (Game Mode) set to 1.

What is the difference between single and multiplayer?

Apparently I've been playing multiplayer this whole time and it seemed to work fine...

Sorry for all the questions. I've had DCS since A10 released 10 years ago. I played through the campaign then put it down waiting for Eagle to make a dynamic campaign engine.

Decided to poke around the forums and saw several user created dynamic campaigns and started playing again a few weeks ago. Really new to all the mission editor stuff.

Single mode has most of the AI planes starting from the ground. Multi they start in the air. Multiplayer mode is safer overall as the AI starting on the ground sometimes has issues that are beyond my control.

Sorry to bump...but any idea on this?

No idea. Go through the instructions again and make sure your MissionScripting.lua file is de-sanitized. Ensure that the user account running DCS has appropriate file read/write access to the DCS World installation folder. After that, launch DCS and run it. If it still doesn't work, have a look at the log file and see what it is complaining about.

No idea. Go through the instructions again and make sure your MissionScripting.lua file is de-sanitized. Ensure that the user account running DCS has appropriate file read/write access to the DCS World installation folder. After that, launch DCS and run it. If it still doesn't work, have a look at the log file and see what it is complaining about.

Yes I did...and i run the server as admin.

Is the servers MissionScripting.lua also de-sanitized?

Yes it is...both parts

it will if you follow the instructions for persistence in the file download link.

but the current mission (the one active at shutdown) will reset to a random mission. there is a small chance it would be the same mission, but not likely.

so the things destroyed will get destroyed again upon mission restart, but the mission itself (objective) will reset.

Edited by hlfritz
clarity

you can add it yourself, but you likely need to add it as an extra module so as not to mess up all the scripting for the original carrier group.

personally i believe Surrexen is adding it in his new version, but he has not confirmed yet (i believe he did an informal poll and most folks said no...) so he originally intended not to. we have to wait and see what his new version is going to include.

you can add it yourself, but you likely need to add it as an extra module so as not to mess up all the scripting for the original carrier group.

personally i believe Surrexen is adding it in his new version, but he has not confirmed yet (i believe he did an informal poll and most folks said no...) so he originally intended not to. we have to wait and see what his new version is going to include.

I would go the other way and only edit the unit type in the ME.

You have to be careful with the static units on the deck though. You have to first unlink them from the old carrier, then switch the carrier unit type and link all the statics to the new carrier. It is quite easy to do all within 5-10 minutes. I have done this for the DCE type missions (also Moose based and way more complex than this mission) and it worked pretty well.

Usually all scripts are tied to unit or group names and less to specific unit types. As long as you don't touch names, you should be fine.

understood on that, but only if everyone in your group has Supercarrier. ;) we always try to include, not exclude. if you are flying SP then no issue of course.

and yes agreed, the scripts are tied to unit and group names which can be edited in the ME to match (or they should just remain the same with the method you described). just some amount of care needs to be taken.

I would go the other way and only edit the unit type in the ME.

You have to be careful with the static units on the deck though. You have to first unlink them from the old carrier, then switch the carrier unit type and link all the statics to the new carrier. It is quite easy to do all within 5-10 minutes. I have done this for the DCE type missions (also Moose based and way more complex than this mission) and it worked pretty well.

Usually all scripts are tied to unit or group names and less to specific unit types. As long as you don't touch names, you should be fine.

Greetings, I was able to add the SC to the Snow Fox mission that my guys and I fly on a private server. I did not change the names only the ship type to the Roosevelt and associated the statics on the Stennis deck with the Roosevelt and it has worked just fine. We did not attempt to change anything else so we steered clear of trying to alter any scripting. Salute to you sir for pointing out this method.

Hey all. Been doing some anti-ship stuff in the JF-17 but noticed that some ships, while i can target and destroy them, when you read the AAR or if you watch the replay, they don't really exist. no big deal, just curious. i remember reading somewhere that ships and buildings are complex compared to vehicles.

great mission!