Internal Hangars and pushback vehicles operative - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-06-2020, 01:00 AM   #1
Japo32

Default Internal Hangars and pushback vehicles operative

As said in the "why pay for this module" I would buy it if there is the option to store and start from the internal hangars, to be able to go to the upper deck with the elevators. So the use of the push back vehicles would be a must, and maybe could them be used by a human.

I see in the list of future features, that elevators will work, but maybe only visually and not operative. The pushback vehicles will be static ones.

Thanks.
Japo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 01:34 AM   #2
Sheriff BurneR

Yea i want see answer for this question ... elevators are only for visual effect or they will be operative?

A10C / F5 / F14 / F16 / F18 / M2000 / HARRIER / FC3 / HUEY / GAZELLE / MI-8 / KA-50 / KIOWA / CB ARMS / SUPER CARRIER / PERSIAN GULF / NEVADA
Sheriff BurneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 03:12 AM   #3
tekrc

if the elevators work we really need some kind of push tug to get on or off of them
tekrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:33 PM   #4
wasizyayo

In today's Stennis, the elevator moves with a little modification
wasizyayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 04:14 PM   #5
pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasizyayo View Post
In today's Stennis, the elevator moves with a little modification
Yup! Unfortunately, you just can't taxi to the hangar area. You'll fall right through as soon as you move off the elevator.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:26 PM   #6
VMFA-Blaze

I would really like to see some more updated data.. This whole thing is really too obscure,,, Were really being left a little to much in the dark... What were actually seeing is every one making wild guess as to what's going to actually happen …. I really think that this would be more professional if some of the developers would get more involved in presenting updates.. And maybe we could see a roadmap of all of the planed functions..

Anyway that's my view point.., I hope that none becomes offended...

~Blaze
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II
ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12
Windows 10 PRO
Thrustmaster Warthog
Oculus Rift VR
VMFA-Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 04:26 PM   #7
diveplane
Veteran

DCS TUG human ctrl would be brilliant
Old 01-12-2020, 05:17 PM   #8
sLYFa

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMFA-Blaze View Post
I would really like to see some more updated data.. This whole thing is really too obscure
What is exactly is so unclear about the upcoming supercarrier? ED has provided detailed feature list. Is spawning in the hangar and being towed onto the elevator on that list, no? Then it probably won't be a feature. Same thing goes for all the other "unanswered questions" on this subforum like will it steer automatically into the wind. If it's not on the feature list ED provided, then it won't be in, it's that simple I think
Old 01-12-2020, 05:46 PM   #9
pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLYFa View Post
...ED has provided detailed feature list. Is spawning in the hangar and being towed onto the elevator on that list, no? Then it probably won't be a feature. Same thing goes for all the other "unanswered questions" on this subforum like will it steer automatically into the wind. If it's not on the feature list ED provided, then it won't be in, it's that simple I think
I get what you're saying but the feature list is still vague. "Hangar deck" & "working elevators". The current Stennis has both, but we can't use the hangar deck. Only the AI can taxi there. So just those two examples alone bares the question, to what extent will the user get to use them. Yes, wait and see can be the answer to any question on any unreleased module's thread, but I don't think that's how this works.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:16 PM   #10
stuartaston

airplanes don't taxi in the hanger, they don't start their engines there… they are moved via tugs, crew are not in the jet on the elevators...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.0 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 1080ti FTW 11Gb, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + TFRP, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView, CombatFlite

VR Stuff: My DCS VR Settings FPS Bump in VR
stuartaston is offline   Reply With Quote