Weapon Loadout in the real world - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 04:31 AM   #21
TulsA-10

I asked this question to a real a-10 pilot from the 188th and he said it depends on how many planes in the flight, mission, time on station, and if they are flying as fac. He said the sim default load was good minus aim-9
Old 04-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #22
Sense

This seems to be the right topic for my questions:

Does mounting a Mk82 or GBU38 on hardpoint 6(the middle one) ever happen in real life?

I did spot a default payload in the mission editor, but since there is no option to manually add anything but the fuel tank to it, I wonder.

Sense
Sense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #23
Eddie
Veteran

GBu-38 no, as station 6 is not 1760 compliant. Mk-82s yes, absolutely.
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #24
Jona33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
GBu-38 no, as station 6 is not 1760 compliant. Mk-82s yes, absolutely.
However it makes stations 5 & 7 unusable.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #25
Frostiken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torment View Post
Awesome

I remember one pilot at the 74th saying that they don't use CM. I guess they don't want the DU rounds all over the place.
That and there's no armor whatsoever to punch through. Mud huts and Hiluxes explode pretty good.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #26
Raven2W1

In the old days squadron's out of Europe would fly with 4 mav's and 1150 of Party mix, and they could load all of it, install all the chaff and flare, fuel the jet and do a BPO in 45 minutes. And it was inside a HAS. The modern Air force would never let that happen. Too safety concious. In OIF we flew the occasional mav, an E model or D model. In OEF no mav's, they are available just not used. The LAU-88 is going to basically disapear from the inventory except for the units in Korea. We dont even train to load those anymore (which was NOT fun). Yes, they would only fly with 4 (cause of the tires!). And DRAG, not so much weight is the killer with the -88's. Mav's are not flown in OEF due to drag, and the effects they have on loiter time and range. Also JTAC's love 30mm, -38's and little else. Also gone from normal use is the CBU...pretty much not going to play with any CBU's (-103s and -105s MAYBE!).
Raven2W1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #27
Snoopy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven2W1 View Post
In the old days squadron's out of Europe would fly with 4 mav's and 1150 of Party mix, and they could load all of it, install all the chaff and flare, fuel the jet and do a BPO in 45 minutes. And it was inside a HAS. The modern Air force would never let that happen. Too safety concious. In OIF we flew the occasional mav, an E model or D model. In OEF no mav's, they are available just not used. The LAU-88 is going to basically disapear from the inventory except for the units in Korea. We dont even train to load those anymore (which was NOT fun). Yes, they would only fly with 4 (cause of the tires!). And DRAG, not so much weight is the killer with the -88's. Mav's are not flown in OEF due to drag, and the effects they have on loiter time and range. Also JTAC's love 30mm, -38's and little else. Also gone from normal use is the CBU...pretty much not going to play with any CBU's (-103s and -105s MAYBE!).
That and it isn't like there is any armor for our pilots to shoot at...
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #28
Eddie
Veteran

The lack of MAV use by the A-10s and other US aircraft in Afghan did always surprise me, considering the number of Brimstone we go through out there.
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #29
Raven2W1

Well the G has the heavy warhead, would work nice on a bunker...if we could find one that was not a cave.
Raven2W1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #30
Snoopy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven2W1 View Post
Well the G has the heavy warhead, would work nice on a bunker...if we could find one that was not a cave.
Perfectly said
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote