stable Vs openbeta

silentbob11

Hi guys,

was wondering what is the difference between the stable version and an open beta version in terms of performance, stability, image quality etc. I know there's a difference in some features that are tested first on the open beta but are there any differences other than those?

SB11

CPU: intel Core i7 9700K ~ 3.6 GHZ , nVidia RTX2060 SUPER, 32GB 3300 Mhz RAM, DELL 24" LED. Windows 10

No, the OB is published as "stable" when stable, so no difference.

Which usally happens a week later. So when there is a new update, it gets released for the OB and then the same update gets released for the Stable in the following week. At that point the OB and the Stable are exactly the same untill the next update gets released to the OB in the weekn thereafter. This is how it usally happens, but if there are bigger issues then an update might remain on the OB for a bit longer untill it gets pushed to the Stable.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yeah.. programmers are humans. Plus, the computer does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

i play only on open beta that is only way for me :) you get more stuff avilable you get fixes earlier and of you get new bugs :) hehe

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Can someone please direct me to the appropriate thread that indicates the appropriate way to uninstall the "Stable" version, but keeps the OpenBeta version intact? Searching has proven futile at the moment, and I ran out of hard disk space to even allow updates. I only use the Open Beta version anyway. Thanks in advance.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I just uninstalled mine and it seemed to work fine

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

ok, so uninstall from "Add/Remove Programs" does that have a negative impact on Module activation's just out of curiosity? Or do I need to do Deactivation somehow prior to uninstall thru Windows?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I seem to remember that the activations are for a machine and not for each install of stable / OB

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

you keys and activations are safe if you uinstall and reinstall dcs world.

You only really only need to worry now a days if you buy a brand new computer or change your motherboard.

For every piece of hardware you change in the pc, then it have an x keyscore.. and if you come above a limit you will have to use a key.

If you run out you dont have to buy a new key now a days, lucky its become much less painfull since your keys are locked to your online account that you login to play with ;-)

If you run totaly out of keys you should get one automatic every 1 month or so. if you cant wait contact support.

I had my mi8 and uh1 key run out, but when i login to my account i went from 0 to 8 instant ( something like that ) i asume since i have boud all my steam and non steam keys to my account that it was that easy.

You can if you login on the main page link your steam account with the non steam online account by pressing your name and selecting edit.. somewhere on that page you can link steam and keys.

Thank you for that information sir! Very helpfull indeed :}

• 8 months later...

How about Multiplayer?

I'm new to the multiplayer world, just tried yesterday for the first time.

Tried the Grim Reapers servers and they only run for the Open Beta version.

Is that a fact for the majority of servers?

Is there an advantage to have OB instead of Stable for multiplayer?

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How about Multiplayer?

I'm new to the multiplayer world, just tried yesterday for the first time.

Tried the Grim Reapers servers and they only run for the Open Beta version.

Is that a fact for the majority of servers?

Is there an advantage to have OB instead of Stable for multiplayer?

Thanks

AFAIK the majority of the popular MP servers does indeed run on the OB. The advantage of the OB is that you get updates earlier, but this can also be a disadvantage if they are faulty.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks QuiGon

I guess I'll give a shot at OB

AFAIK I can have both and keep my planes

You can either have both installed in parallel (which takes a lot of disk space) or just a single installation which you can use to switch between Stable and OB if you wish to.

I explained this in more detail in the past here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3451743&postcount=6

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

You can either have both installed in parallel (which takes a lot of disk space) or just a single installation which you can use to switch between Stable and OB if you wish to.

Cool :thumbup:

I'll look into that tonight

Will that mess up my few mods and will it kept my key bindings?

Thanks a lot QuiGon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cool :thumbup:

I'll look into that tonight

Will that mess up my few mods and will it kept my key bindings?

Thanks a lot QuiGon

The variant where you switch between Stable and OB is technically nothing else but the usual update that happens every few weeks So no, it won't break anything.

Check here: https://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

Currently the OB version is ahead of the Stable version. If you now switch from the Stable to the OB the game just updates your version from 2.5.5.41371 to 2.5.5.41962, which will happen anyway once the Stable gets updated to the new version. And the game will automatically update your installation to new OB versions in the future instead of waiting for new Stable versions for updates.

Tornado3 small.jpg

The variant where you switch between Stable and OB is technically nothing else but the usual update that happens every few weeks

Many thanks for the help QuiGon :thumbup:

Did the "Updating or Switching an Install Between "Open Beta" and "Release" Version Branches" as described :book: and it then I has able to fly in a OB server :pilotfly:

The only thing I've notice after changing is that a few mods were not On (things like english cockpit one the Mi-8, Transparent Controls Indicator,...). Just need it to enter the JSGME, remove and add again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This might be against the rules but i'll take my chances(i'm sure an admin will set me straight if it is).

Another difference(quite big in my humble opinion)is the multiplayer scene in stable vs openbeta, altough the openbeta version has much more servers and are more populated than the stable version the population of stable just seem "nicer" and "friendlier" than the population on openbeta wich i personally have found to be a little "high and mighty". Just my two cents and surely relevant to the comparison between the two versions.

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria

The only thing I've notice after changing is that a few mods were not On (things like english cockpit one the Mi-8, Transparent Controls Indicator,...). Just need it to enter the JSGME, remove and add again.

That's not special to the switch from Stable to OB, but something that happens during normal auto updates as well.

Tornado3 small.jpg