Precision target coordinates for JDAM/JSOW PP Mode?

LeCuvier

Yeah, I was still focusing on the title of the thread, and not the side question after the OP had their question answered. A typical thread divert, rather than creating a new. Go figure.

So in terms of the mission editor - does the options menu coordinate display function (mgrs, lat long dec, sec) not change what the coordinates are displayed in the mission editor either?

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

So in terms of the mission editor - does the options menu coordinate display function (mgrs, lat long dec, sec) not change what the coordinates are displayed in the mission editor either?

It does, but the actual bind for engaging that function seems to be dependent on the keyboard layout. An immediate guess would be that it's hard-coded to specific keyboard scan codes, and those will obviously mean different letters if they happen to refer to one of those keys that differ between AZERTY, QWERTY and QWERTZ. The bind screen isn't always helpful because it will often show a different character than what's on the actual key.

I notice this more readily at the other end of the keyboard, where for instance the [ and ] binds that supposedly flip kneeboard pages are actually responding to the Å and ^ keys. So you sort of have to get a mental map of what they bind-screen letters mean in terms of actual-keyboard-letters, and then be a bit lucky with what applies when. :)

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Hmm. Well at least it is a problem that is sortable. Good deal.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

It does, but the actual bind for engaging that function seems to be dependent on the keyboard layout. An immediate guess would be that it's hard-coded to specific keyboard scan codes, and those will obviously mean different letters if they happen to refer to one of those keys that differ between AZERTY, QWERTY and QWERTZ. The bind screen isn't always helpful because it will often show a different character than what's on the actual key.

I notice this more readily at the other end of the keyboard, where for instance the [ and ] binds that supposedly flip kneeboard pages are actually responding to the Å and ^ keys. So you sort of have to get a mental map of what they bind-screen letters mean in terms of actual-keyboard-letters, and then be a bit lucky with what applies when. :)

As I stated in post #21, the problem did not go away when I used a QWERTY keyboard instead of the QWERTZ. Maybe I should have restarted the computer after the swap?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Restarting computer, or searching to see if you need to tell windows that you have switch from a QWERTZ to a QWERTY keyboard certainly seems like a logical decision.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

Restarting computer, or searching to see if you need to tell windows that you have switch from a QWERTZ to a QWERTY keyboard certainly seems like a logical decision.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

Windows actually allows you to swap keyboards on the fly, and immediately applies the changed key definitions. Still, I shut down my PC today, swapped keyboards and re-started. No difference. Alt+Y decelerates in the mission, and cycles through coordinate formats in ME. In the mission, Alt+Y cycles through coordinate formats. I can live with that state of things, just wonder why I'm the only one with this issue.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5