Pimax 4K

Don't know yet. Its not out to the kickstarter backers yet. (I am one), so it'd be a few months off for sure before it came to the everyone else.

At this time it looks good with a few issues. I expect it'll be worth it.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Don't know yet. Its not out to the kickstarter backers yet. (I am one), so it'd be a few months off for sure before it came to the everyone else.

At this time it looks good with a few issues. I expect it'll be worth it.

Pimax 4K has been out for some time now. It is the 5K and 8k that is in development for Kickstarters and Commercial industry.

Pimax4k has some weaknesses and was not much popular. Likely why they needed Kickstarter for this next iteration.

Rift and Vive are still two very good choices , they both work quite well right out of the box.

For little better resolution today , either Vive Pro ( very expensive ), or Samsung Odyssey ( WMR device). Odyssey seems to be fairly popular with flight simmers for playing just seated games.

I already have a Rift which runs great for me and I enjoy the heck out of it, for me I will wait before getting my next device for true next generation PC-VR from the big guys, likely Oculus for me.

For first time VR folks wanted to get into it today, certainly the Odyssey is a viable choice. I like my Rift for more than just seated combat flight sims, so for me it is the overall experience I enjoy very much including many Oculus titles.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have the Rift and bought the Pimax 4k on sale at a later date to try it. I wanted to see the higher resolution and it does, I can remember looking out of the cockpit at the ground about 15k ft and seeing the edge of the river and edge of the mountains. . My opinion is that it was not full 3d I kind felt like I had 2d screens strapped to my head. The presence was not fully immersive. Maybe it was how it was built with the lens maybe a tad to far from the screens or maybe your eyes. Kind of felt like Binoculars. Then the other thing was 3 dof. In using the Rift with 6dof. then moving to a 3dof and to move in the direction not support was instant nausea! If you can fix the 3dof and make it 6dof with some other equipment. Price wise you be spending same amount or more. You might as well get the one of the mainstream headsets with good tracking.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

im happy with mine but its probably because i dont have the money to spend on a more expensive unit, most of my hardware is recycled and old so im able to enjoy low end gaming as its better then nothing, while all the young guys that live off their parents and have $5000 computers expect a VR headset to be better the a high end gaming monitor.

i would however only buy at this point in time if you could get one for around $200. as pimax kinda stopped supporting it software wise and there is bound to be a new vr unit out soon to bring prices down

thx everybody for the feedback, it helped a bunch. i will be patient and wait for next gen VR. gonna borrow an oculus from a friend soon and see how my pc holds up - most likely gonna be slow as heck but ill finally see all the good stuff in freakin 3D :)

cheers

thx everybody for the feedback, it helped a bunch. i will be patient and wait for next gen VR. gonna borrow an oculus from a friend soon and see how my pc holds up - most likely gonna be slow as heck but ill finally see all the good stuff in freakin 3D :)

cheers

Hey stranger...

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!