[RESOLVED]HUD Velocity Vector is WRONG!

bkthunder

All third parties and ED are using Facebook to share information.

All.

And they shouldn't.

They should go where the meat is.... It is in the Eagle Dynamics Forum.

If they want to market something, they can do it as additional in Facebook, but all should first appear, and start, and end in the Eagle Dynamics dedicated forum and the developer own website. Then it can be in the Facebook, MySpace and even in Twitter if they so want....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

:thumbup:

I can understand every developer stopping communication and fixing the stuff quite and hidden. The bashing levels on these boards reached a new all time high this year...

As far as the recent past is concerned, cause and effect should not be reversed...

:thumbup:

I can understand every developer stopping communication and fixing the stuff quite and hidden. The bashing levels on these boards reached a new all time high this year. And as it was said some above this post I rarely seeing any bug reports complying to the guidelines.

The bug reports could very well be hidden, only to the point to have a list of existing reports headers. Otherwise you will get a 12 reports from the same bug in first hour after releasing the last patch. And the number of those keeps going and going.

That is as well why there are bug report systems that require reporter to fill and search existing bugs. But even that doesn't help much as most bug reporters can't fill a good report even when their life would depend for it.

So that is why there are workers in the developer teams that only task is to read bug reports, mark and organize them and bring a valid ones to the team meetings.

And that is what the public bug report list should be, a organized and marked list that is kept updated. Even a simple official mark there "Confirmed" is enough for almost every time.

The DCS modules are not at all receiving the same amount of bug hunting as world largest software products that are open sourced, going through thousands of developers every day. Email lists filling with hundreds of discussions daily and someone needs to keep track of all, pick the best ideas and fixes that people send and simply then patch the software for next day/hour/minute depending the criticality of the bug.

The bug report systems has already been solved, and major problem why they either fail or succeed is social behavior. It is like a any customer service, someone needs to do it, someone needs to know how to solve problems and repeat things.

But eventually there will be those who just insist or bring the same idea up regardless that it was in the first place found to be bad one, and it just leads to situation where main developer simply says "f* off, it is never going to happen". Because it has been gone so many times through and people just don't learn something is not going to be changed as they don't know what it takes behind to do something.

But the public bug reporting can be taken a major leaps when you have ie. weekly reports or monthly reports depending the planned period of the testing phase. If someone plans to have a one year development phase, then once a week is a good pace. It is 52 times a year. If someone plans to do a 3 years, then once a month. If your product is locked to other release period (in this case Eagle Dynamics update periods) then you do it by their timing.

But someone vanishing for weeks, months (or even years) when product is just released for testing - is a No Go! If you want to have public testing, then you must sacrifice your time and effort as well listen what everyone is telling. You need to follow the discussions, no matter how stupid etc they are. If you can't do it, then hire someone to do it.

If you want to do secret/hidden development, then do not release anything for testing. Then do it only internally and maybe gather a small group of skilled testers who knows how to keep their mouths shut, how to fill a proper report and that they can communicate with each others so they do the testing as a group. And then give them the closed-testing access and communicate only with them.

But you can't do a public one and then not communicate or report what has been done or what are next targets.

The most critical thing really is that you will report to public what is going to be done next, what are changes (done, waiting, in process, cancelled) and do it often. It doesn't require much to write a 144 letters to inform what has been done, even if it is daily. And you don't need to go forums reply for anything else, you just report.

Seems they are more involved now with the MIG-19.

So.. soon they have 3 unfinished modules for DCS.

Lets not be negative... They acknowledged this and they are going to fix it. And there are different parts in every projects that are done parallel, not so that everyone is working just one project and in same bug report.

• 1 year later...

I just checked Razbams official bug tracker and i don't see anything related to this issue on there. So it seems the devs have totally forgotten about this and there won't be any fix in the forseeable future. And looking at the bug tracker, it seems most of dev. efforts are geard towards the Mirage atm.

• 1 month later...

Hello Folks!

Although a bit late, this problem has been solved and is currently undergoing testing.

Screen_200131_095135.thumb.jpg.8bddf43be2a0b28503f2b5913b3001d9.jpg

Screen_200131_095214.thumb.jpg.ef97c37d2d286138afd4d7d303b72669.jpg

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Hello Folks!

Although a bit late, this problem has been solved and is currently undergoing testing.

Good news. :thumbup: Looking forward to all the rough edges on the Harrier being smoothed out and being able to fly a feature complete glorious AV-8B N/A Harrier later in 2020.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Now if bugs like this and their respective state like 'being investigated', 'being worked on', 'fixed and in testing' would show up in the official bug tracker so we would have a better understanding how things move along, that would be much appreciated.

Sorry folks, this bug fix will not be released yet because the fix created a new bug.

It will take some time to get it right but not before the next update.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Not to worry. I'm just glad that progress on the Harrier is coming.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...