CH quality

Svsmokey

10 bit sticks are designed to take 200mm extensions , so that resolution vs stick travel is comparable to the CH .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Exactly.

2^8=256 steps

2^10=1024 steps

2^16=165536 steps

So, lets take your example of 60° of total angle. Small adjustments are made near the center @approaches and aiming targets. So, maybe 5°:

60 / 5 = 12.

256 /12 = 21 steps in this 5° area. ~10 steps in each direction.

Very view steps.

I think you would feel it, Eclipse, if u play with a high-resolution stick. After that, you would not come back to a 8-bit stick, I think.

Regards

That is very possible, so I'm kinda glad I don't have the opportunity to try one! There are quite a few things on my upgrade list... Starting with making sure I have "play money" reserved for when my 6 or 7 year old motherboard, CPU, power supply, and/or ram need replacing. And one day VR will be both higher resolution and FOV and will be somewhat affordable, as well as a graphics card to run it. And I really would like nice rudder pedals. And replacing my desk with an Obutto would be awesome. And.... And... Where does it end??? ????

i7-9700k overclocked to 4.9ghz, RTX 2070 Super, 32GB RAM, M.2 NVMe drive, HP Reverb G2 version 2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, and a Logitech Throttle Quadrant

Where does it end??? ????

It doesn't. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Important notice that this obsolete resolution (8 bits) in CH USB controllers don't denigrate their constructive build quality, in that matter they are the most durable of available sticks, their parts don't broken like in an more famous stick.

So if guy don't weight resolution, will be happy. :)

Yeah, and what people have to keep in mind, is, that the axes of CH joysticks are - hmm, how to explain with my poor english...

They have no single middle centre. They have two "center lines". In X and Y.

Means, if u pull up/down in e.g. Y, you feel the center of X all the way up/down.

Yes, their gimbal design have two independent axes - what is common to Cougar, VKB, VPC and gimbal designs, but in VKB, VPC the "stop" at center position is minimized due use of CAM instead "pincers of CH's and Cougar gimbal.

This gimbal design require move force for diagonal movements, since it is acting against the force of two springs. :joystick:

https://i.imgur.com/OcIhdJC.jpg

Saitek's, Tm T.16000M, Warthog, use a kind of "ball-joint" gimbal, so movement and forces is mixed in all directions, and he compression spring create a "lock" in center position.

Each design has their advantages and disadvantages, and are more or less suitable for different player styles. e.g. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3641599#post3641599

Edited by Sokol1_br

I have used the Suncom hotas and Saitek X45 for all my years of siming since 1995 and just got a hold of new CH Fighterstick and Pro throttle at a great price and I must say I prefer the CH design by a mile. All of a sudden air refueling is a lot easier

Marc..

My CH Fighterstick has been working for 14+ years. LOL

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

Hi people

would any of you know where you can find spare parts for a combatstick?

the base of the handle who joined with the gimbal is broken.

I am looking for a gimbal or a handle in good condition.

thank you to the one who has a good information

Hi people

would any of you know where you can find spare parts for a combatstick?

the base of the handle who joined with the gimbal is broken.

I am looking for a gimbal or a handle in good condition.

thank you to the one who has a good information

You can find a CombatStick dirt cheap on ebay

Marc..

At the moment used CH's in eBay have price close to new one in Amazon...

@ Cromhunt.

Contact CH, back in time CH have gimbal in his spare parts list, but this list was removed by new owner (APEN).

But if is the pole that broken you can repair with a aluminum tube that fit inside the broken parts.

Sample. In this case the owner use an metal connector for hose.

Edited by Sokol1_br

I just sold my 20 year old fighter stick, pro throttle and pro pedals. A few years ago I contacted CH and told them I had tHis ancient hardware and was having problems with the pots and if there was a part number or manufacturer where I could source replacement pots.

They sent me new pots for all of it free of charge.

then you are very lucky. i had pro throttle for about 4 years and it always casued troubles to me. its pot is very weak. it is always jumpy.

The CH Pro Throttle axis was jittery for me also. It would move on its own, sometimes considerably. After taking it apart I noticed the 3 wires attach to the potentiometer tabs with loosely fitted crimp connectors. I soldered them on, and the axis has been rock solid ever since.

A very easy fix if you can solder. And even if you can't it's a dead simple solder for even your first attempt. If you just can't solder, try crimping them on more tightly.

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

The CH Pro Throttle axis was jittery for me also. It would move on its own, sometimes considerably. After taking it apart I noticed the 3 wires attach to the potentiometer tabs with loosely fitted crimp connectors. I soldered them on, and the axis has been rock solid ever since.

A very easy fix if you can solder. And even if you can't it's a dead simple solder for even your first attempt. If you just can't solder, try crimping them on more tightly.

+1 for jittery axis and unresponsive axis problems. I knew it was a loose connection, because when it would act up I would tap it on the desk and it would be OK for a while. I opened it, pulled each connector off, carefully squeezed the crimp a little tighter, and pushed it back on, one by one. It has been rock solid since then.

i7-9700k overclocked to 4.9ghz, RTX 2070 Super, 32GB RAM, M.2 NVMe drive, HP Reverb G2 version 2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, and a Logitech Throttle Quadrant

As someone (very) gradually building up his system and components on a very limited budget, the CH Fighterstick has been my 1st purchase, largely based on reading these forums. This has replaced a £5 Ebay purchase 20 year old , no springs etc Saitek stick which was frankly beyond usagble...

all i can say is Wow and a huge "thank you" to all who have taken the time to post - The difference to my playing satisfaction in just 3 days is off the scale (last week i could barely align with a runway, now I can land on a CV.)

In a month or so I will go for the next big purchase, either TrackIR or a CH Throttle......I say CH because, as already stated, these posts suggest that CH is the way to go.

Thank you

As someone (very) gradually building up his system and components on a very limited budget, the CH Fighterstick has been my 1st purchase, largely based on reading these forums. This has replaced a £5 Ebay purchase 20 year old , no springs etc Saitek stick which was frankly beyond usagble...

all i can say is Wow and a huge "thank you" to all who have taken the time to post - The difference to my playing satisfaction in just 3 days is off the scale (last week i could barely align with a runway, now I can land on a CV.)

In a month or so I will go for the next big purchase, either TrackIR or a CH Throttle......I say CH because, as already stated, these posts suggest that CH is the way to go.

Thank you

Good to hear! TrackIR is a game changer! The throttle has been great, also. Between that and the Fighterstick, you won't run out of buttons, especially if you use the CH Control Manager software and it's ability to set up 3 separate modes and shift + buttons - you could have 1 button with up to 6 separate functions if you needed to!

I highly recommend using a command file with the CH Control Manager software, also. It makes it very easy and visual to map and remap commands, changing things on the fly over and over until you get it the way you like it. There is a Control Manager for Dummies guide out there that explains it all. The CH Hangar forum is a great resource, also.

• 3 months later...

I think if people only knew of what a quality product CH makes , they'd sell better . But the consumer end is just a sideline for CH , whose main business is industrial/military controllers , so they don't update with the latest market baubles .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Is now "history", the guy that keep that site up, an former(?) CH retailer, had switched to Warthog a good time ago - maybe an tip about what do. :D

Wrong on every count, I am not, and never was a CH retailer and I didn't switch to a Warthog a good time ago though I do own one and still have the grip and throttle from my old HOTAS Cougar among other assorted controls from over the years.

Buttons don't work.

I remember I had to do something in CH manager.

Don't know what,a delay function to get functions like flaps to work.

I absolutely hate flight sims for Hotas setup.

I spend more time farting around in my controls than actually playing the game,drives me crazy.

Hardly played this because the controls are just too complicated,remembering what each button does,staring at an a4 sheet of paper,going blind.

I think racing is more fun because of the simplified controls,flight simming is like putting your head on a chainsaw,no fun.