Sudden loss of power

Hi

I am a real life C152 Student pilot and have a decent understanding of flight theory etc! I have used DCS for many years!

I am watching all gauges and temps and without doing anything rash at cruise speeds BANG engine pops and it’s belly landing or bail!!

Any advice on what I’m doing wrong!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What manifold pressure, prop' pitch/RPM settings are you running, for how long and so on, because there's a lot of power there, but not necessarily good to be gunning it at length.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

As a rule of thumb, for general cruising; keep the manifold and engine RPM in the green bands, what are called the operating ranges, keep a close eye on the temperatures and pressures (as you know you probably heard this already; the Ts and Ps), because this is modelled with the P-51, it harms the engine if you operate the engine for prolonged periods of time outside those operating ranges, even if the Ts&Ps look okay, operating outside those green bands is okay for take-off, or ACM etc, but for matters of seconds.

I found some figures from an actual P-51 manual;

Max continuous;

• engine RPM: 2700
  • MP: 46

I haven't checked, but there should be a plaque in the 'pit somewhere with some more operating information, those figures are probably true for the P-51 modelled in DCS and will also coincide with the green operating bands on the gauges.

Edited by ouPhrontis
found some figures of use

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64