Saitek x52 modes

Since I started to play DCS on VR I bought an X52, and everything is going fine because most of the time I'm using FC3.

Now that I'm "flying" with more complicated modules, I realize the need of the mode 1 - mode 2 and mode 3 keys to bid and the modes atm can be handy.

Have I to map it on the game bidding setting? because I'm not really able to find it

or have I to do something on the X52 Saitek Controll Program

Thank you in advance.

Since I started to play DCS on VR I bought an X52, and everything is going fine because most of the time I'm using FC3.

Now that I'm "flying" with more complicated modules, I realize the need of the mode 1 - mode 2 and mode 3 keys to bid and the modes atm can be handy.

Have I to map it on the game bidding setting? because I'm not really able to find it

Thank you in advance.

I think you need to use the software for the Saitec. I have the same stick, but I dont use the software. I dont use the mode button. Instead I use combinations like for exsample "CTRL + powhat Down, up .left, right" etc...

I wish it was more support ingame options for the stick though...

Thank you in advance.

When I went from FC3 to interactive cockpit modules I ended up needing less mapping not more...because the cockpit was totally interactive.

First off are you using the new drivers and software version 8.0.150.0. This is great software that is able to run and edit while in-game. Very stable!!

Do you have the full explanation manual available for the hardware and all software options. The programming software in addition to everything else lets you run macros and much more which enable you to do a lot more than mapping direct to DCS.