JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

They look absolutely amazing, and yes, that is exactly what I had in mind :).

I hope these skins will eventually be implemented into the module.

Edit:

Actually, I have another question. This time regarding payload:

Will there be a dual rail available for SD-10 missiles? If so, will it be possible to carry a total of four of such rails on pylons 6,4,3 and 2, or just two on outer pylons of the wings (6 and 2), as the provided picture suggests. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190320/794ce3d2e613ee82ca6b0be422aeec63.jpg

As always, thank you in advance for any answer.

Maybe you should take a look at this picture, which contains the ammunition that can be owned during the EA phase. JF17 can carry up to four over-the-horizon air-to-air missiles and two short-range missiles. Among them, SD-10 is mounted on No. 2 and No. 6 racks, and dual racks can be used. Unfortunately, the position of the sub-tank can not be used, because the smoke emitted by the SD-10 engine is very large, if it is too close to the intake port, it may cause engine failure.

1BCB0B1F-9A01-490F-8D3C-16A1F13E57B6.thumb.png.f7130881b7c246cddf5cc51dab794ab0.png

92C52099-CAA0-4203-97C1-69A750DD10F7.thumb.jpeg.3dd9ba4b962827257b628999a1c9d2ea.jpeg

Unfortunately, the position of the sub-tank can not be used, because the smoke emitted by the SD-10 engine is very large, if it is too close to the intake port, it may cause engine failure.

Unfortunate, but makes sense I guess. I understand then that AG missiles turn on their engines only after a while, so that similar issue is not encountered.

At least I don't think fuel will be an issue during CAP missions with 3 fuel pods available instead :)

Thank you.

Flight simulation game enthusiasts in China have set up a communication group about JF17 on the qq communication software (similar to Facebook) and have developers in it. They have disclosed that if there are no problems with the development, it will be released before 10.1. And it will have higher playability and completeness than F16C and F18C. As the best gift for Chinese players on National Day holiday

:yay::cheer3nc::beer::pilotfly:

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

How many countermeasures does JF-17 have?

At least 32 flares 36 chaff, look at the picture a few posts above.

Edit- Also, I believe the numbers below 32/36 are flare/chaff bingos. I could be wrong, thats just my assumption.

Edited by ShadowFrost

When can we expect next academic video?

Thanks!

According to their plan, a second video will be released next week after the first video is released. The latest video will show both C802 anti-ship missile and CM802AKG long-range air-to-ground missile, even air-to-ground radar. We'll see it in a few days!

I guess it would be kind of unfair and boring. It would have too much range for any dcs theatre map.

Hi! There is no need to worry. First point: CM802AKG has a standard range of about 120 nautical miles, but F/A18C's SLAM-ER has a further 150 nautical miles. Both camps have the same level of weapons. Second point: DCS World does not focus on competitive games, but more on authenticity. Since a certain kind of aircraft has it, it should be simulated, which will give us more choices and fun. If someone doesn't like it, the online server can completely prohibit it. Third point: rest assured! Long-range air-to-surface missiles are not invincible magic weapons. Extreme range is a double-edged sword. Although it can keep the aircraft away from the enemy's air defense, it takes a long flight and a long span to reach the target. Ground close-range air defense missiles have enough time and space to shoot down missiles. This means that, on the one hand, it provides the safest operational distance for the aircraft. On the other hand, it is difficult for missiles to avoid a large number of SAM and AA systems and successfully hit targets.

Hi! There is no need to worry. First point: CM802AKG has a standard range of about 120 nautical miles, but F/A18C's SLAM-ER has a further 150 nautical miles. Both camps have the same level of weapons. Second point: DCS World does not focus on competitive games, but more on authenticity. Since a certain kind of aircraft has it, it should be simulated, which will give us more choices and fun. If someone doesn't like it, the online server can completely prohibit it. Third point: rest assured! Long-range air-to-surface missiles are not invincible magic weapons. Extreme range is a double-edged sword. Although it can keep the aircraft away from the enemy's air defense, it takes a long flight and a long span to reach the target. Ground close-range air defense missiles have enough time and space to shoot down missiles. This means that, on the one hand, it provides the safest operational distance for the aircraft. On the other hand, it is difficult for missiles to avoid a large number of SAM and AA systems and successfully hit targets.

Yeah I was about to post just this. Modern IADS are heavily geared around shooting down cruise missiles and long range missiles. So I don't expect this to be all that game changing/breaking.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah I was about to post just this. Modern IADS are heavily geared around shooting down cruise missiles and long range missiles. So I don't expect this to be all that game changing/breaking.

Agreed, JDAMs are likely the most deadly weapon in the game. Not sure how the LS-6 will be classified in the game, but if its "bomb" it won't be intercepted by any missile system. If its coded as a missile, then it will likely not be too much of a concern. Just nothing in DCS actively intercepts bombs.

I think the C802/SLAM-ER (provided they cant be manually flown, IE too difficult, just above treetop level) shouldn't be an issue due to the effectiveness of SAMs against most aircraft launched missiles. The GB-6, depending on how stealthy it is, will be pretty deadly I imagine. But if there is even one TOR present, I imagine you will say goodbye to the C802s.

Edited by ShadowFrost

Agreed, JDAMs are likely the most deadly weapon in the game. Not sure how the LS-6 will be classified in the game, but if its "bomb" it won't be intercepted by any missile system. If its coded as a missile, then it will likely not be too much of a concern. Just nothing in DCS actively intercepts bombs.

I think the C802/SLAM-ER (provided they cant be manually flown, IE too difficult, just above treetop level) shouldn't be an issue due to the effectiveness of SAMs against most aircraft launched missiles. The GB-6, depending on how stealthy it is, will be pretty deadly I imagine. But if there is even one TOR present, I imagine you will say goodbye to the C802s.

Well IRL I'm pretty sure IADS can engage bombs too. Probably alot easier/slower target, but with a shorter flight time. JSOW RCS should be lower than a GBU31 as its specifically designed to be "stealthy", but yes I suspect its just how DCS classifies stuff.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Well IRL I'm pretty sure IADS can engage bombs too. Probably alot easier/slower target, but with a shorter flight time. JSOW RCS should be lower than a GBU31 as its specifically designed to be "stealthy", but yes I suspect its just how DCS classifies stuff.

Yeah thats what I meant, no DCS sam will engage a weapon thats a "bomb" so theyre pretty damn effective, especially when you consider the LS-6 will have around 30% more range than the GBU-38. Where as JSOWs/C802s will be engaged because they are missiles. But thats on the assumption that the LS-6 will be classified like any other JDAM and not like a JSOW/Missile. (IE will it be interceptable by SAMs or not due to DCS logic).

LS-6 cited range is at 36k 485knots is 60km. Which equates to about 30% more than DCS GBU-38.

Source : https://www.ausairpower.net/APA-PLA-GBU.html

Edit- Grammar

Edited by ShadowFrost

Amazing, very excited! Five minutes of seeker time will be fun, the possibilities are going to be endless. Volume was perfect at all times. Admittedly I’m an air to air junky, but I can’t resist these toys. No one is safe!

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg